Chapter 20

Chapter twenty: Unexpected guests

Jana still felt suspicious about Rhydian. He seemed to be more aware and nervous all the time. It wasn't Maddy, but she thought it had something to do with Dr. Whitewood.

Bryn and Demetra ran up to Jana, ''Hey Jana,'' Demetra said, ''is it ok if Bryn and I and a few of the other pack members our age explore the woods?''

Jana tapped her finger on her knee, ''Ok, but only go to the north side.''

They nodded and ran into the woods with a bunch of fourteen year old wolfbloods. Jana watched them go with sadness. After the attack, the pack didn't feel the same.

**************************

Maddy got up, ''Rhydian, we have to do something about this. I've learned that you can't runaway from your problems in the human world, so why not it be the same in the wolfblood world.

Rhydian looked at her nervously, ''I.. I don't know''.

Maddy arched her eyebrows, ''Are you ok? You've been acting weird.''

Rhydian stood up and gently took her hand. He narrowed his eyes, ''I showed the wolf in front of Dr. Whitewood,''

Maddy's eyes widened, ''What?! Why?''

''When I was carrying you out of the building, Dr. Whitewood showed up and I just got angry because she tortured you and held you captive like a prisoner.''

Maddy bit her lip, ''Great, now she knows your a wolfblood,''

******************************

Demetra and the others ran throught the forest racing each other. They all finally stopped near a creek. ''Ok'' she said, ''Who's ready to play pack leader?''

Everyone raised their hand. Bryn stood up straight. ''Ok lets get into two groups.'' Everyone did, ''Ok, so each team has to defeat all of the players on the opposite team to be eligigable to be the pack leader, then that team will challege each other to be the leader. One, Two, Three, GO!''

The teams clashed, trying to pin each other into the ground. They were halfway through the game, until they picked up the sound of machines.

Everyone looked at each other and ran back to campsite.

***********************************

Rhydian pulled his hand away, ''I couldn't stop myself alright! Don't be suck a jerk Maddy!''

Maddy put a hurt look on her face, ''I'm not saying it was your fault. I probably would have lashed out too if she tortured you or held you captive,''

Rhydian calmed down, ''Yeah... sorry,''

''Well we have to tell Jana,''

''How? Anywhere we go, Dr. Whitewood will find us,''

 Then there were voices outside, they ran out of the hut and saw all the fourteeen year old kids run out the north side of the forest, ''Machines! '' one of them cried, ''The're right behind us!'' Bryn yelled.

They pack started folding tents and packing up. But right when they finished, it was too late.

Ther car stopped if front of the pack. Eveyone looked at it in fear. Maddy and Rhydian pushed themselves to the front.

Then the doors opened. Two pople walked out-

Tom and Shannon.

Hi! Sorry I posted this so late and sorry it's short. So what do you think Tom and Shannon are doing in the wild pack? Post it below and don't forget to vote, follow and share! Just reached 1,000 reads! And Happy Early Thanksgiving to us folks in America!