Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Rhydian woke up and found  himself on the floor. He sat upmand realized where he was. He ran to the door and found the wooden knob unlocked. He carefully opened the door avoiding the silver. He ran downstairs into the pack's room. Everyone was awake and preparing food. He realized he fell asleep in that room the whole night. He scanned the room lokking for Maddy. When he spotted her, she was talking to Jana. He started walking to her until Bryn stood in front of him. ''Hiya Rhydian!'' Bryn exclaimed. Rhydian just stared.

Bryn crossed his arms. ''Hello? Remember me?! Your little brother!''

Rhydian chuckled, ''I know Bryn, I'm just messing with you.'' He patted Bryn's shoulder and continued to walk, but Maddy was gone.

Bryn tugged at Rhydian's shirt, ''Want to take a walk with me? I haven't seen you in four years.'' Rhydian sighed, ''Ok, but don't take us too far.''

*************************************

When Rhydian and Bryn found the exit, they walked around the giant house. ''So Bryn, has the wild pack got any easier since Jana became alpha?''

Bryn shrugged, ''We had a change at first, and it took a while to get used to.''

Rhydian looked up at the blue sky. Then he saw a flash of red in a window and a scream. Bryn and Rhydian looked at each other and ran back inside. Bryn followed Rhydian up the stairs.

''Bryn, you can't come, it's too dangerous.''

''I'm not a cub anymore! I can protect myself!''

Rhydian rolled his eyes and  and grabbed the back of Bryn's shirt. Bryn kicked and squirmed and Rhydian threw him on a couch below. Rhydian continued up the stairs and towards the door. He grabbed at the knob but it was locked. There was anoother scream and it called his name. ''RHYDIAN!''

It was Maddy.

Rhydian wolfed out and tore off the knob and the dorr fell down. He ran into the room. but Maddy wasn't there. Instead was Dr. Whitewood.

Rhydian growled and Dr. Whitewood grinned, ''After all these years the truth is finally in front of me. And by the way, that wasn't Maddy you heard,'' Dr. Whitewood reached behind her and pulled out a taoe recorder, ''It was just a recording from the night we set your camp on fire,''

Rhydian howled to try and call for the pack. He snarled at Dr. Whitewood and charged himself at her. When he almost hit her, a heavy net flung on him and pinned him to the ground.

''Well done Tom,'' Dr. Whitewood said. Tom appeared out of the shadows with Shannon right behind him.

''Shannon'' Dr Whitewood said, ''knock him out.''

Shannon pulled out a blow dart and shot a dart into Rhydian's side. Rhydian howled again and blacked out.