24- Let Them Come

Scott's POV

I look behind me expecting Mitch to be there, but he isn't. I thought Mitch followed me out of the room?

Maybe he just got up to get some food. I can't help but be a bit disappointed. I hoped that I could spend my last moments before I'm going to fight with Mitch. Maybe it's better like this, that I won't be tempted to say anything. Lindsey and I made the choice together to not tell our mates. They might follow us if they know. I'm not 100 percent sure that we'll make it out alive but I have good faith. I really think that we stand a chance.

I go to my office just trying to mentally prepare myself for tomorrow. I'll use my power to the best I can.

About half an hour later someone knocks on my door. I sniff the air to know who it is. I don't feel like talking to Esther or Mitch right now. Only Lindsey for if she has a plan for tomorrow. We have a rough plan. It's actually just running to the cave where they are hiding and then I take out the guards mostly unnoticed. Then we just kill anyone we run into on the way to the control room. We'll shut down the cameras and look at the security where all the hunters are. It's risky but it's the best chance we have. We can't just wat until they attack. They will be stronger if we do that.

I instantly recognise the smell. It's Mitch. He will probably suspect something if I won't open the door. I can't have him following me, that will bring him in great danger.

I open the door, seeing Mitch. He smiles cutely at me. I can't stand the thought of tomorrow.

''Why did you leave so soon?'' Mitch asks. Honestly I wanted to have some time by myself to think.

''I was done with dinner and I didn't feel like socializing.'' I say. It's kind of true. I don't want to socialize. I want to be alone, I just can't resist Mitch.

He looks at me a bit weirdly. ''You also don't want to socialize with me? I can leave you know.'' He sounds upset. I don't want to leave with him upset at me.

''No baby, I want to be with you, please stay.'' I grab his wrist, preventing him to walk away. I pull him in my arms, my hands on his back. It feels so good to have him there. I'm gonna make sure I come back tomorrow. I will defeat the hunters and come back home to my mate.

I look at my watch, checking the time. It's 10:30. Mitch has school tomorrow and I have to be well rested for tomorrow. ''It's better if you sleep in your own room tonight Mitch. You have school tomorrow.'' I say. I don't want him to think I don't want him here, it's just better if he sleeps in his own bed.

''Okay, you're right.'' He says. He yawns adorably. He must be tired. I quickly give him a peck on the lips before he walks out of the door to his own room.

I send off a quick test to Lindey, suggesting to leave around 9 tomorrow. It's still early and Mitch will be at school. Lindsey said she will take care of Esther.

I lay in bed and try to get some sleep for tomorrow.

Mitch's POV

I walk to the office where I know Esther is. I still can't believe Scott didn't say anything. I didn't want to believe Esther that Scott would just go without saying goodbye, but apperently he will.

''I found out where the hunters are. I also hijacked Lindsey's phone, they will leave tomorrow at 9. That means we have to be at the cave at like 10. It's about an hour away from here. Maybe we should just be there at 9:30 to be sure we're there before Scott and Lindsey.'' Esther says. This is really happening. I could be killed tomorrow. Scott could be killed. Luckily I learned some fighting techniques from Kevin.

''Okay, I'll be here tomorrow at 8:30.'' I say. Esther nods, before walking out the office. I follow her, now really walking back to my room.

I lay down on my bed, Kirstie is already asleep. I fall asleep to the sound of her snores.

The next morning Kirstie's alarm wakes me up. I do my normal morning routine, to not make Kirstie suspicious.

At 8:15 I head out with Kirstie like we do normally. I just say I'm going to the toilet and go to the office.

Esther is already there, ready to go. We walk to the parking lot together. Esther is gonna drive there. I'm nervous, my heart is beating in my chest. I know I won't be alone and I will be with Scott soon enough, but there is a possibility that this is not going to end well.

We drive in silence for 45 minutes, the only sound coming from the radio. We stop exactly 5 miles from the place where the hunters are. It's already in the middle of nowhere.

I shift in my wolf. I lay down and Esther climbs on my back. I start to run north. The vegetation slowly changes from forest to a more deserty rocky landscape. This is the perfect place for a cave. I realize now that we don't exactly know where the cave is and it's probably hard to find.

I come to a stop the closest that we thought where the cave is. I hide behind a small rock and change back in my human. I quickly put my clothes back on. 

After about 15 minutes of waiting Lindsey and Scott come walking towards us from the right. I quickly poke Esther pointing to them. ''We're just going to follow them in and help them kill the hunters?'' She asks to be sure.

''Yes.'' I say, before getting up and following Scott and Lindsey. They walk around a really big rock and disappear inside of it. I guess they did know exactly what rock to go in. We follow behind them, not too close but also not too far to lose sight of them.

I don't see anyone yet, just dark rocks. Lindsey has a little flame in her hand, lighting up the place a little.

I hear a scream before the sound of something dropping, then more screams. Scott and Lindsey start running, Lindsey setting some people on fire. I guess it really started now. I get ready to fight, ready to rip some people's head off. I'll go to extremes to protect myself and the people I love. Let them come.

Don't forget to vote!