Annabeth

Annabeth's POV
Really? Now?
It had to happen NOW?
I JUST FELL INTO TARTARUS AND I HAD TO GET MY PERIOD NOW?!
Why, WHY?
I didn't have a tampon or anything! What the heck was I going to do?
Ok, I know having my period now should probably be the least of my worries. After all, I was in freaking Tartarus. But still, it worried me.
What if Percy saw and thought I was hurt? Then I'd have to tell him and... ugh. Why?
I had no idea what to do. I guess I would just have to make use of what I had.
Percy was asleep at the moment, so I got up and hid behind a rock. I ripped off a huge part of my already ripped CHB shirt, and made it so that it was like a pad. Don't judge me. It was all I had right now.
I came back just as Percy was waking up. I sat beside him quickly, as if nothing ever happened.
"Hey," I said quietly. He smiled at me, but then frowned at something. It was the bottom of my shirt, the part I ripped off.
"What happened? That wasn't there before," he said.
Great.
"I, uh," I stuttered. Think, Annabeth, think! What's wrong with your brain right now? YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO BE WISE!
"Did something attack you?!" he asked,"Is that why there is blood?"
I glanced down. The shirt did nothing. I had already bled through it.
Really?
My face went red. I just stared at Percy because I couldn't think of an excuse. The one time I can't think of an excuse, it had to be now?
"Annabeth, what's going on?" Percy asked worriedly. Tears fell down my face. My emotions were out of control. Why did this have to happen now? Of all times?
"You can tell me anything," he said while grabbing my hands,"Always."
His voice was gentle, inviting almost. I wanted to tell him. But I just couldn't bring myself to. How would he react?
"I wasn't attacked, Percy," I said through tears.
"Then what's wrong?" He was very confused now.
"I, um," I struggled,"I know it's bad timing, but I can't exactly help it..."
Percy looked very confused. Then realization swept over his face. Then pity.
Percy's POV
Awe, poor Annabeth. She had gotten her period in Tartarus. Bad timing.
I just felt bad for her. I'll be honest, I was a little grossed out. But I told myself that it was natural, she couldn't help it, and that it was her problem. Not mine.
"Your period, huh?" I said calmly. Annabeth nodded, a little surprised that I was so chill about it.
I wasn't going to make a big deal about it. I could tell that was the last thing she wanted. And I just wanted her to be in the best mood possible right now.
Which might not be possible, because we were in Tartarus, but you know what I mean.
I wrapped her into a hug and stroked her hair. She sobbed into my shoulder.
"It's ok, Annabeth," I said soothingly,"I don't care. I know you can't help it, so it's not a problem."
"But I don't know how long we are gonna be here," she sobbed,"I-it might get everywhere..."
I chuckled a little.
"When has a demigod not seen a load of blood?" I joked. She giggled a little as I wiped her eyes.
"We will get through this," I told her,"No matter what time of the month it is."
She smiled. She has the most beautiful smile in the world. I'm glad I got to see it now.
"I still don't know what I'm going to do about it, thought," she said. I thought for a second, but couldn't think of anything.
Then I realized something. Ok, this might sound weird, but all the guys on the Argo II agreed to always carry a few tampons with us. When you are stuck on a ship with 3 girls and only so many bathrooms, you need to be prepared.
I reached into my back pocket and held out a tampon. I had 4 extras. Hopefully that would be enough for her, depending on how long we were in Tartarus.
Annabeth looked amazed. She grabbed the tampon.
"How-" she tried to ask. But I cut her off with a quick,"Don't ask."
She nodded and thanked me. She looked genuinely grateful, almost relaxed.
We would get through this, even if it meant dealing with a moody girl.
Just kidding, it didn't really bother me that much.