Annabeth's First Period

I woke up to the sound of my brother, Malcom, yelling at me to get up.
"Come on, Annabeth!" he yelled,"It's almost 1:00pm! You've missed a bunch of training!"
"I don't care..." I muttered, shocking myself. I normally would be ready in five minutes if this happened. But today, I wasn't feeling that well.
Scratch that. I felt like straight up death.
     "Wow, ok," Malcom said. Then he ripped the warm blankets off of me. I got confused when his eyes went wide.
     "Um, A-Annabeth?" Malcom stuttered, clearly disturbed,"You, uh, wanna use the restroom real quick?"
     I looked at my bed and saw blood everywhere. I knew what was happening. I jumped up and ran to the bathroom. I did what I needed to do.
     I was prepared to go out, but then I just started crying. I was dreading this since I knew what it was. Now that it happened, I lost it.
     "Annabeth?" Malcom said through the door,"Please stop crying. It's ok. This is normal."
     I slammed the door open, catching him by surprise.
     "YOU THINK I DON'T KNOW THAT?" I screamed,"I KNEW WHAT IT WAS BEFORE ANYBODY HERE BECAUSE MY STEPMOM WOULDN'T TELL ME! DO YOU THINK I'M NOT SMART OR SOMETHING?"
     "I-I changed y-your sheets for you," Malcom muttered.
     Guilt washed over me. I fell on my knees and sobbed harder. Malcom immediately wrapped his arms around me I cried into his shoulder.
     "It's ok, Annabeth," Malcom said,"It's ok. Of course your smart! I just didn't know how to handle this. I'm sorry."
     "N-no, I'm sorry," I struggled to say,"I shouldn't have yelled at you. None of this is your fault."
     "It's not yours either," he said. I continued to cry into his shoulder, and he stroked my hair.
     "Oh my gods, what happened?" I heard a voice say from the door. I looked up to see Percy.
     "I heard yelling from outside," he said,"Are you ok, Annabeth?"
     "I'm fine, seaweed brain," I said. Malcom kept his arms around me, which I appreciated.
     "You sure?" Percy said, walking over,"You can tell me anything."
     I looked at Malcom and he raised an eyebrow at me as if to say Well? What are you going to say?
     "Let's just say," I said,"That I'm growing up and it's a little tough."
     Percy seemed to think this over, then he seemed to realize what was going on.
    "Is it, um, your-"
    "Stop right there. And, uh, yeah."
     "First one?"
     I nodded. Sympathy filled Percy's eyes and he put a hand on my shoulder. I put my hand on top of his.
     "Dang, I'm sorry Annabeth," he said,"You know what? You should just take the day off. You deserve it."
     "That's what I was thinking," Malcom said.
     "Guys, I don't-"
     "Don't argue Annabeth," Percy said,"Take a day off and rest, ok?"
     I nodded.
     "Thanks, guys," I said,"You both have been amazingly helpful."
     "No problem," Percy and Malcom said.
     I took the day off, and so did Percy and Malcom. They were quick to get me what I needed, even if I didn't say anything. Somehow, they knew when I needed something.
     Who knew that two guys would be so helpful with womanly problems?