0.5

unedited. please point our spelling/age/whatever NICELY!

5. Find your passion, and run with it.

.  

January 30, 2014. Age ; 15

After talking to my dad a few days ago, I realized he was right. It's okay to not have a profession where you sit in an office and take phone calls, operate on patients, or anything like that. I should be able to choose what I want to do with my life.

With that being said, I went ahead and called my friend, Audrey. We had been friends for a really long time, and I knew even with her insane mind, she'd be able to help.

For as long as I could remember, Audrey had always given me good advice. Her mental state had always been better than mine, as she didn't get stressed out as much. Her parents had given her a hard time about virtually everything she's ever done in her life, but she still paid no mind to them and did it anyways, almost as if they were invisible. I remember her telling me how yes, your parents tend to know what's best for you but if you don't live through your mistakes, you'll never understand what the negative outcome would have been.

Of course, every parent wants to see their child succeed in life. Audrey's did, but showed it in a funny way. I finally understand it now that I really think about it. They gave her a hard time because they know without limitations, Audrey wouldn't want to reach her full potential. If she had a map of her life laid out in front of her with them being lenient she would want to do something else, so by telling her what she's doing is wrong or not what she's supposed to do, only made her want to do it more to show them she could. Does that make sense? Probably not. Then again, this is Audrey Wynters we're talking about.

Anyways, we were sitting in my bedroom on this Thursday night and talking about our new year's resolutions. Audrey of course had a bunch of odd ones but who was I to talk. At our age, most of the people in our grade had resolutions to get a girlfriend or boyfriend or have their first kiss but Audrey? She wanted to mess up her eyes so bad she wanted to get glasses as a resolution.

"Okay, but why Aud?" I asked, "Your eyesight is perfect why mess it up?"

"Because I want to see the world's imperfections through imperfect eyes." she shrugged. "Doesn't make much sense but that's what my grandpa told me he wanted to do before he died but he didn't. I might as well try it for him."

I nodded. "I want to figure out what I want to do with my life." 

"Your mom wants you to become a doctor and you clearly don't want that." Audrey said. "I think you should do something you enjoy whether you're good or not. I mean, you're pretty good at singing and playing the guitar, right?"

I nodded. "Yeah, but that won't get me very far in life-"

"Yes it will, Shawn!" She said enthusiastically. "Music could be your passion! Find your passion, and run with it! RUN WITH MUSIC."

"I'm a little confused." I replied. "Certain musicians don't get paid much and get stuck in small gigs for their whole life saying 'don't worry, one day I'll be playing Madison Square Garden' but no, they're stuck in their hometowns in random bars. Audrey, I don't want that!"

"But that's not always the case! Thinking negatively will get you nowhere, and if you don't believe you can create great music then don't. Don't do it. I'm telling you to do what you think is right."

She paused. "Shawn, you have potential to do great things with music. All I'm saying is you should give it a try. But I have to leave now, mom doesn't want me missing dinner again. See you later, bud!"

"Bye Audrey, thanks for the advice!" I smiled as she ran out. 

Although I don't think I'd ever admit it, Audrey was a nutty Canadian girl who didn't always know what she was talking about, but this time I think she did. And you know how I know? I did, I ran with music as my passion and god, Audrey Wynters was right. Sometimes, all you need is a little push in your life to try and great things will come out of it.

.  

ya'll i love audrey she's such a goof and reminds me so much of myself except i am nOT THAT WISE AND SMART. like i dont even know where that shit came from i literally started typing and this is the outcome.

i think im gonna write a few more chapters so i can update randomly throughout the future until i finish my pre-written stuff so the people who are still reading arent waiting 5 years.

also, if you wanna follow my twitter it's @ hndwrttendakota AND my insta is @ illuminatedolans ,, i make video edits on insta and on twitter im just a mess LMAOOO

-abb

DONTWANTYOURLOVE

ps. i posted a new book called DON'T on my main. give it a read ((: