Anxious Waiting

*Unedited*

Sweat dribbled down my forehead in small beads as I worked in the blazing heat of  Sumner

small beads as I worked in the blazing heat of Sumner. I watched as all of my co-workers worked. Each of them working their ass off to raise a family. A story behind each of them, a little girl waiting at home for her Daddy. Or a family waiting to bundled together and tell stories to each other.

And then it happened......

Crash.

Boom.

Dead.

A man laid there underneath the support beam, a screech from my mouth rang through everyone's ears. Their attention towards the man at certain death, the man who had four kids waiting for him at home. A little two year old who won't understand what happened to her Daddy.

One single tear fell from my eye as I watched the man being carried away.

My heart shattered that day, if the family had the money he would've lived. He would be at home with he's children. He would be drowning his wife in kisses. He would be here walking around. He would, he would if it wasn't for me and lazily screwing in that screw. That one damn screw could've saved a life.

A life I took away.

I awoke from my bed panting like a hot mess. I've been having that nightmare for years and years. Thankfully that man is alive. No one is ever going to die on my watch not if I have anything to do with it.

I pushed off the ragged blanket making sure not to wake up Clara. Clara laid there in a star fish position sucking on her little pinkie. I leaned down putting a kiss on her forehead as I sighed. She deserves more then this.......

I went the little space we have of a bathroom where we keep all of our clothes. The worn out gardening pants I had were close to the top of my calf. My T-Shirt with a peony on it I saved up for. At least I look a bit presentable.

I walked up to Nathan who was making the other three breakfast. "Hey bro I'm heading out. I get my paycheck today also, so don't be afraid to use more food for them." I told him in a light tone.

"Ok, bye sis love ya." he replied. I quickly said love you back as I head out the door at three in the morning.

I ran at an easy pace that would get me at the 2's house in about 30 minutes. When I reached the house I wasn't panting at all I kinda like to run and look at the scenery. In the bag I had from home I took out my camera.

I looked at the damp grass as I angled it, the sun hit the grass perfectly that it shimmered in the sunlight.

"COME ON TRAMP WE DON'T HAVE ALL DAY! YOU WANT THAT MONEY OR NOT?!" I snapped my head around as I saw it was my boss's daughter.