That Time

SHOUT OUT TO ShadowsAndCrystals THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE AMAZING COVER!

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE AMAZING COVER!

My best friend, Allie, was being the giddy mess as she always is. "AREN'T YOU EXCITED?! WERE GOING TO SEE IF WE WIN THE SELECTION! YOU-"

"Even if we did make it, which we won't, we would probably never get chosen by the prince." I said as I painted my nails using the cheap polish Allie gave me.

"I don't even understand why I'm friends with you....." Allie said shaking her head with a grin.

The rest of her words faded out as The Report started. "Welcome Illea! Today we have our amazing Royal Family here!" Gavril , the host, began. "Here today we are finding out who the lovely ladies with fight for the Prince!"

"And this is where I make my leave..." I started.

"OH MY GOSH LOOK AT THAT GIRL!" Allie screamed like a mad woman. "I WANT THAT GIRL'S HAIR, WHAT CONDITIONER DOES SHE USE?!"

I sighed as I made my way up the stairs of Allie's house, "How would I know, I'm watching with you...."

Before I could make it up to the bathroom Allie told me to come back down. "NALLIE, GIRL COME THE HELL DOWN HERE!"

I ran down stairs thinking that she was in danger. Just to have her siting in front of the TV, gazing up at it like it was God. "Child. Why the-"

"Just come look!" there on the paused TV was a girl with pitch black hair and piercing grey eyes. Who's smile could light up a world full of only darkness.

That girl was, me.

I stared at the screen with my mouth opened wide. "Do you know what this means!?!" all I could do in that moment was nod. She started shaking my shoulders in a frantic pace, "YOUR GOING TO BE A PRINCESS NALLIE!"

At that moment I snapped out of the trance, "I'm going to be a play toy of a snobbish prince who gets whatever he wants. Not. A. Princess."

Allie started laughing like a demented hyena, "Hahahhahahahhahhahah!" she then made a straight face. "Your funny," each word dripping with sarcasm.

"I know I am," I said flipping my hair. "And you don't have to tell my bitchy ego twice."

"What are you, a spice gir-" Ale(Allie) was cut off by the ringing of the phone. "Who's ganna get it..." she said only in a whisper.

I got in a fighting stance, "You get the damn phone! I have to much to live for!!" I whisper screamed, poking her with the wooden spoon, from the kitchen, off the staircase.

"Don't rush me child!"

"Just go get the damn phone, or do you want this spoon to make contact with that skull? Hmmmmm." I laughed evilly.

"Fine I'm going!" she said silently.

Allie made her way over to the phone turning her head back to me looking for support. I gently nodded my head while doing a shooing motion. "Eeehehehehheh." Allie cleared her throat into the phone, "Pleasedon'tbeafuckenmurderertryingtokillmeIstillhavefriendsandfamilyandandand."

"JUST ASK WHO THE HELL IT IS ALE!" I screamed at her.

"Who is this?" she said nervously biting her nails, "Oh!".........."Yes, yes, I very much understand." a evil glint was in Allie's eyes as she turned and looked at me.

"Who was it?!"

"Oh you know the usual, Royal Advisors asking about the selected girl. The norm...." Allie said while walking to the kitchen.

"What else did they say!??!" I said getting agitated.

"Only that they are going to arrive at your house in," she checks down at her watch. "ten minutes."

"WHAT?!?! I HAVE TO GO NOW THEN!" a smirk was plastered a giant her face as she took a bite of her apple.

"Hey that was mine!" she said as I took the apple and started to eat it.

"Mine now, bitch."

"Well you have to go so see ya later, by later I mean months, bye my little slut!" I chuckled as I made my way out the door.

The warm spring air hit me at full force. I took a deep breath and began my walk home. I arrived back in five minutes as a panting frenzy, my brother was siting in a chair at the small table.

He shook his head with a grin, "Took you long enough."

"You try running a 20 minute walk in five!" I fired back.

"Oh I will, so-" cut off by the knock of the door I quickly ran to open it.

A lady in a clean cut suit walked in without saying few words. Her dirty blond hair was swept back into a neatly mad high ponytail. The glasses she wore hung close to her nose and framed her face making her look more serious.

"Hi! I'm Nalia Roslin, born and raised here in Summer!" I said lacing each word with sarcasm.

"I'm not here to talk about your sad life story. Now let's get to business, just sign this packet, everywhere." she says as she hands me a pen shoving me over to our table. "Also are you a virgin?"

"Blunt much?" I mumble. "I'm a single pringle, but if you are to idiotic to understand that. Yes, yes I am a virgin."

From those words I earned a kick from my brother. He mouthed the words, be nice. You don't play nice, so you don't act nice.

"Lastly you are not aloud to reject the prince. Yes even meaning you have to have sex with him if he wants." she says with a straight face.

"Can you get that on recording and send that to my friend. Because this just proves my point that we're play toys of the Prince." I said with venom in my words.

She puckered her lips into a straight line, "You leave for send off tomorrow. Wear this to it, now goodbye."

"Bye and thank you." my brother cuts in before I can say anything.

"Well I'm off to bed, by bed I mean learn my French so I can talk crap about people without them knowing!"

"Night sis....."

"Mhm." taking my French book off the tiny bookcase I laid down onto the cot beginning my studies.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I might update early depending on if I finish the next chapter on time. Thank you guys for the support and make sure to vote and share this book with others thanks!

I updated early today because I felt like it. You'll probably get a lot of early updates from me just saying!