Umaru Doma (Himouto! Umaru-chan)

A/n: I recently got Mystic Messenger and was deeply inspired by Zen so you might see some connections.

~°to lazy to think of a title°~

I sat on the red leather seats of the train, I had been ordered by Umaru to get a game that was sold at a specific store in Tokyo. It was a pain to get it since I was a rising male actor in Japan, every corner I turned people were there waiting to either rip me in two, or interview me then rip me into two pieces. Suddenly my phone rang in the almost completely silent train.

"Sorry." I said panicking a bit. I reached into my vibrating pocket, and yanked out my phone. Frantically I turned it on in hopes of silencing it. Umaru had texted me.

'Can you pick up some snacks while your out?'

'you're*'

'...'
'Please?'

'No I'm already on my way
Home, maybe next time.'

She began to spam the word 'Please.' her grammar slowly degrading. Eventually I got sick of it and threatened to block her phone number.

'Sorry.'

'you're forgiven on one
Condition .'

'???'

'help me practice my lines
for tomorrow.'

'Are you nervous?'

'no.'
'Maybe.'
'yes.'

'I'll do what I can just
get home quickly.'

'Thanks Umaru ❤.'

'just hurry up.'

I put my phone back into my pocket and thought about how I could do this and make it romantic at the same time. I had gotten caught up in my thoughts and fallen asleep.

"Excuse me sir. We're at our next stop." I was awoken by a girl who looked around my age, most high school girls were obsessing over me so this was quite problematic. As soon as I opened my mouth she yelped.

"You're-!" I covered her mouth before she could say my name.

"Thanks." I said swiftly running off the train. On my way home I felt as if I was being watched by a large group of people. But I merely dismissed the extra attention. My only focus as to get to Umaru.

Once I got to her apartment I slammed the door open.

"I'm home." I stated.

"Welcome home." Umaru said. "Got the goods?"

"Yea." I handed her the bag with her new game in it. Her eyes lit up and she glomped me.

"Thank you!" she yelled. Although she sometimes had a repulsive personality she was kinda cute.

"Will you help me practice my lines now?" I asked. Her burst of euphoria went to a sudden holt, she scanned me from head to toe. As if to decide if I was worthy of her time.

"Fine." she said, "But after I finish this game." she added, sneering at me, she got up and went over to the TV. Pulling out two pillows to rest on.

"How long will that take?"

"About an entire day, it'd go faster if you helped." she said patting the pillow beside her.

"You're lucky you're cute." I said underneath my breath.

"What?" she asked, I shook my head dismissing her question. I was pretty much hyped by now, an all nighter with Umaru. Although I've pulled multiple all nighters with her this one felt special.

I smiled and made a strange face of happiness, Umaru gave me a controller and reset the counsel so she could insert the new game.

~°small timeskip°~

Almost out of no where Umaru bursts into tears all because a really cute fictional character had died.  I grabbed a nearby tissue and allowed Umaru to lay on my lap and over dramatically sob. She was an absolute mess, I never knew someone could get this torn from something so insignificant. I began to gently wipe Umaru's tears away as they fell like waterfalls.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

"I want him back." she began to chant. I got an unexpected yet brilliant idea, it might not work but it was worth a try. I laid Umaru on the pillow, she had cried herself asleep, I almost felt bad.

I marched into her bathroom, finding the blue hair spray and really strong hair gel. I began to shape my hair in coordinated spikes and spray almost the entire can of hair spray in order to hide my former hair color. I checked one last time in the mirror to confirm I looked like the character that had recently died.

I sneaked back into my position with her on my lap and waited for her to wake. While waiting I looked straight up started to sing a soft melody out of boredom.

I looked back down and saw Umaru waking up.

"Hey." I said, trying to get in character.

"What're you doing?" she asked.

"Can't you tell?"

"No."

"I'm your favorite character." I said, Her face lit up but went back to its former state. She began to mess with my hair, styling it in its usual manner.

"I like you better than him." she said. Wiping the blue hair spray on her white shirt.

"Give me your hand." she added, I did. She kissed it once, before I had time to process it she kissed it again.

"What're you doing!?" I asked. Immediately pulling back.

"Thanking you..." she responded.

"For what?"

"Being you."

~°end°~

A/n: sorry it abruptly stopped, I only had a limited amount of time, I also spout a ton of unnecessary excuses.