Appreciated

I roamed the halls of Bishop Heights High.  It was after school. Why was I still at school? I dreaded going home. My mom and dad are drunks and they're barely home, which means I have to take care of my baby brother, Billie (JOE). Don't get me wrong, I love him to death. But he whines, WAY( GERARD) too much. As I turned the corner swiftly, I heard sobbing. Male sobbing. It was coming from the janitors closet. The door was creaked open so I peeked in.

" Tyler?"

The crying ceased, and after a few sniffles, the broken boy spoke.

" Y/N? I-I'm sorry. I didn't think anyone was still here"

I pushed the door open more, and sat down next to my best friend.

" What's wrong strawberry?" ( A/N This is actually a nickname I gave my boy best friend because when I met him, he had blondish red hair and freckles.)

My body acted with thinking and pulled him into my chest.

" I'm fine. I don't need anything. You can go home."

He gave me a crooked smile and pulled away.

" As if I would do that. Tyler you're my best friend. You need to stop helping others and help yourself. It's time to learn that you are appreciated."

His bony hands caressed my cheek, pulling me closer to him. My face a centimeter too close to his face. His minty breath fanned over my face as my heartbeat sped up. I felt like I was going to faint. But, he pulled me in for a passionate kiss. I revived almost as if the kiss was my lifeline.

"I'm in love with you Y/N."

His forehead resting on my shoulder.

"I'm in love with you too, Strawberry."

I smiled and helped him off the floor.

That whole night the kiss replayed in my head, making me smile each time.

"Damn you, Tyler Robert Joseph."

My smile brightened the room as I fell into a deep slumber.