HALO (Josh Dun)

"When someone meets the love of their life, a halo forms above their head. Only the person they're to be in love with can see each other's halo."
My mom was telling me how halos work in this world. I was only 14 at the time.
"When will I see my love's halo?"
"Oh honey, the halos don't show until you're 17 to 23"  Her hand rested on my hand.
"Ok, I'm gonna go outside and play with Josh." Yes I was a 15 year old child still playing outside like a 7 year old.

When I got outside I grabbed a stick and started whacking things. Then, I cupped my hands over my mouth,
"JOSH DUN IS JOSH FUN." I screamed at the top of my lungs.
"What do you want?" Josh said as he opened the window.
"For you to come outside and play." I dragged the 'y' as I did a spin and landed on the ground.
"Ok." He closed the window again and then he appeared at the front door. The leaves in the trees danced along with me to a rhythm in my head. Josh looked at me as if I were crazy.
"What? Waiting for the song to start wastes time, you gotta dance along to the beat of your heart." He shook his head in a surprising way. His blue curls bounced around on his forehead.
"You really are one deep person, dear." A long sigh escaped his agape mouth and I giggled. My plain black hair was jostled around in the win in my bun. "I like your hair." Josh grabbed a piece of my curly hair and intertwined it with his finger. Without looking at him I said " don't touch my hair." He scoffed and brought his with painted nails up to his chest where his heart was held.
"I am hurt." I mirrored his actions." I  don't care." His tongue stuck out between his teeth as he giggled as well. We sat in silence, but we still heard the birds chirping. Out of the corner of my eye, a little white line flickered atop Josh's head. I looked at him quickly, giving him a bewildered look. "Am I that ugly?" I was at a loss for words.
"Huh? Oh no, I thought I saw something." "Mm, ok." Josh hummed and I jumped up from the ground. I looked around at the scenery. It was breathtaking. "Cmon, let's do something."

~~~ 2 years later ~~~

"Babe? Are you home?." I opened the mahogany door. It was Anthony's 6 month anniversary with me. Behind my back I held his presents: A bracelet (yes men can wear bracelets) and some things from Dick's sporting goods. The stairs creaked, scaring me to death. His door was closed so I pushed it open.
"Happy 6 months!" I jumped on him as he was laying in the bed. "Hey love! Happy 6 months." He seemed a little jumpy but I looked past it. "What are we doing today?"
"Well, were going to the movies a-and were going to dinner." He smiled his million dollar smile and I sat up. "You might want to go home because I have to get ready for today." Anthony was pushing me out the door when I gave him his presents. "Aw I love it thank you baby, bye now." He gave me one last hug and closed the door. I watched as a car pulled up and a girl walked out. She was very pretty. Her hair was dyed an electric blue along with some tattoos and a nose piercing. "Hi, I like you're piercing." I spoke loudly, for some odd reason. "Aw, thank you." I noticed the mystery girl had a bag in her hand. When I reached my car, I heard her yell, "happy 1 year!" What the actual fuck! My legs carried me to the front door and I banged my hand on the door. "Hu-" "Anthony what the fuck?" I yelled in his face as I slapped him. "Baby I'm sorry!" "No! Fuck you!" I slammed the door closed in his face. This doesn't add up, I saw the halo and everything!

~~ time skip~~

"Mom!" I stopped my feet all the way into the living room. "Yes dear?" She put down the book she was enjoying. "How come you have never told me about 'false halos'? You could have spared me the heart break possibly!" My tears broke the dam that held them back. The stairs seemed miles away as I ran to them. "Honey I'm sorry!" On the stairs, the carpet was like hot lava, and I was trying to avoid getting burned. I whipped my phone out of my pocket.

Me~ I need you
Josh- I'm outside your window

Lazily, I sat up from my bed and opened my window. Josh tackled me in a hug as I broke down again. The thing about Josh is that he didn't talk. He let you break down and then when you're ready is when you talk. When my sobs faded to sniffles, I spoke. "He cheated." "I'm sorry." Josh spoke as if it were his fault. "It's not your fault. He was a dick." We both sat on my bed cross cross apple sauce. He sat across from me. I saw something flicker above his head, this time, it stood there. By his facial expression, I could tell he saw what I'm seeing as well. After a while of taking in each other's facial features, he spoke up.
"C-can I kiss you?" I nodded and so he did.

Welcome 😁