Rose

Business in the diner was slow, as usual. I sat on a brown leather bar stool, and waited for absolutely nothing. The door bell rang, indicating  someone had walked in. My focus fixed on the stranger who had walked in. He had a rose pink, and fluffy mohawk. The sides of his head trimmed close to the scalp. Might I add that he was extremely attractive?

"Hello. Welcome to the Jolly Holiday diner. I'm Y/N and I'll be you waitress today, what would you like?"

"Hi. Well for starters, I'll have a stack of 3 pancakes, a little syrup and 3 sausages, and an egg. And for a side I'd like your number."

My writing became messy when he asked for my number. What am I supposed to do? I'm just an antisocial 23 year old who still sleeps with a teddy bear!

The crimson red on my cheeks died down a bit, and I felt a sudden burst of confidence from nowhere.

"Coming right up."

I hurried back and rushed to give the cook the order.

"What's up with you, you seem.... Different."

Flora whispered in my ear.

"You see that boy in the booth with super fluffy hair? It's pink. But, he asked for my number. What do I do?"

My fingers combed through my hair in frustration.

"I've got an idea! Give him your number dumbass."

She made a 'Use your head' face and tore a piece of paper out of my order pad.

After she finished, I ripped the paper out of her hand.

" I swear, what will you do without me?"

She kicked my butt, telling me to "go get 'em tiger".

It's almost as if she is a 50 year old trapped in a 28 year olds body.

When the order was finished, I grabbed the plate and made my way down the aisles of empty tables and booths.

"Here is your order.'"

I smiled and sat down the torn piece of paper on the old and worn table.

"Thanks, I'll make sure to call you some time."

Flora beckoned me over and we both squealed about it in the back room, the cook giving us a dirty look.

We stuck our tongues out at him.