#133

Person who asked this question: cyjnim

Q for all the members: i'm learning Korean at the moment but my parents want me to learn a more 'useful' language and want me to learn Mandarin instead. I want to learn Mandarin as well but I'm already really interested in Korean. Should I change my studies for them or should I continue learning Korean secretly?

S.coups: since you're already interested in Korean, continue to learn Korean

Jeonghan: Mandarin is hard to learn. Try doing your best with learning Mandarin and if you cant, continue studying Korean.

Joshua: I think because you already have a passion in Korean you should continue learning Korean. Even though your parents want you to learn Mandarin you should tell them the advantages of learning Korean to prove to them that its a useful language. You can also talk to them and say since you're more interested in Korean, then you'll have an easier time learning it.

Jun: why don't you want to learn Mandarin? Its an easy, good language to learn. You should listen to your parents and learn Mandarin.

Hoshi: I think you should stick to learning Korean if you're more comfortable with that.

Wonwoo: I say listen to your parents because if they find out you're secretly disobeying them they might get mad.

Woozi: just tell them you want to learn Korean, that's that.

DK: I think you should try learning both of them to please your parents and yourself. Learning both Mandarin and Korean is pretty hard though, don't overwork yourself and if you think you can't do it, decide on one and learn that one

Mingyu: I say you should try learning Korean! It'll be easy once you know the basics.

Minghao: what's wrong with learning Mandarin?

Seungkwan: secretley learn Korean! Its better!

Vernon: I say do whatever you feel like you want to do. If you know it'll make your parents happy then learn Mandarin but if you seriously don't want to learn Mandarin and you want to learn Korean, then learn Korean.

Dino: I'll say learn Korean because I think Korean is better.