Airplane "Safety"

Most of us have been on a plane at some point in our lives. That being said, a lot of us know the presumed position to take in the unlikely event of a crash. For those who don't know, this position, known informally as the "Brace Position", is when you lean forward in your chair to where your head is on your lap (or as close as you can get it to your lap), and then cover the back of your head with your hands, keeping your elbows faced down. Your feet and knees should be put together, and your head should push against the seat in front of you. Airline employees will tell you that this is the safest position to take, as it will brace you for impact. But, is it really?
     In the event of a plane crash, survivors of the crash could sue the airline for millions of dollars. That being said, one theory surrounding the "brace position" suggests that this position was actually made so that upon impact, the passenger would snap his/her neck. That way, the quick and easy death of the said passenger is ensured, and the airline removes its chances of being sued.
     Another theory states that the sole purpose of this position is to save your teeth. When a plane crashes, the passengers will suffer physical injuries. Of course, some metal from the plane could collapse onto people, and some planes will even catch on fire. Things like that make it hard to identify plane-crash victims. Your teeth, however, if intact, could be used as a form of victim identification. It would be better for the airline to be able to at least identify crash victims, which is why the theory stands.