CHP 6: Lost

*Norman's POV*

3 days went by since my dad paid a "visit" and the prick still hadn't left. He was meant to take the darn drugs and then get outta my life for good. But no, he chose to stick around and talk about himself as well as scab what he could. He eventually noticed how annoyed i was becoming.
"Listen Son, I'll give ya the 2 grand next week." He told me.

"And after you pay me, I'm quiting this bullshit." I growled. He paused for moment, processing what i just told him.

"Now, you know you can't disobey yer own father." He said sternly.

"Step father." I corrected. "The thing is, i wanna live a normal life for once, im 42 for christ sake. I worked my ass off every day since i left New York, i drove trucks for miles on end to earn money the way i should have 15 years ago, not drug dealin for yer ass, you could've done that without my help!" I lectured. "And after all I did since leavin, i finally got a real home. I'm finally starting to live the way i deserve!" I said hoping i got the message across. He said nothing for a moment. All he did was press his lips tightly together as he glared intensely. I was half expecting him to leap over the coffee table to beat my ass.

"Norman, do you honestly believe your life will ever be worth changing? You're acting like you have found some purpose, but you're just living in a fantasy. Think about it, you ran from everything you knew, then worked 24/7 for over two years so you could own a decent house, and for what exactly? That's right, Nothing. You got no wife, no kid, fuck all friends and no family members around. You don't have anyone to love," He added, silently chuckling whist shaking his head. It angered me to see how amused he was by his use of words. "You will never find any real purpose in life, son. Thats just the unfortunate truth. The most important stages of life have already slipped away from you"

"You don't know that." Was all i could spit out. A stupid grin formed on his face.
"You don't wanna get on my last nerve, boy. I can easily ruin your life with just one phone call, and you know who. Ya can't hide forever"
I had no idea how to respond. I couldn't. He was a lion and i was the defenseless mouse, cornered with nowhere else to turn.

"So make your choice." He said as he got up and finally left.

That night, I kept replaying the words my so-called father, Eric fed me. My mind couldn't shut up and it angered me the more i thought about it. For once in my life, things were starting to change for the better but i realized that i really couldn't hide forever, Just like Eric warned me. Right now i had to make a choice, a choice that will go terrible either way. If i were to just give up and continue doing business with him, i would still be safe from the enemy's but it would also result in me losing money to Eric which means I would eventually lose the normal life i had worked so hard for.
Or B, I tell him to fuck off and refuse to help him so he can contact the people i had been running from and have them put my life in danger. I couldn't even imagine what they'd put me through. I wanted to tell Jeffrey and Andrew about my situation but in my mind, something was telling me it would be a selfish idea. I would never want to drag my best friends into this. The worse part about it all though was i couldn't contact the police, they would find out about my crimes in New York and have me arrested. It was torturing me. When will the suffering end?
I hadn't eaten anything in nearly two days as my appetite was decreasing. Stress got the best of me and i was clueless of what to do.

Night came around and i finished what was left of the whisky a had saved in the cupboard. I stumbled through the lounge and switched on the light so i could find my way to the stairs. I eventually reached my bedroom and made my way in, flicking on the light as i did so. I stood there beside my bed, facing the mirror on my desk. I looked dead. My face was pale and the bags under my eyes hung lower than before due to lack of sleep. Man it would be nice to sleep forever, i thought. At that moment i truly wished i would go to sleep one night and never wake up. I slowly lifted off my shirt, staring at my scarred body through the mirror. I traced a finger on my stab wound scars and cigar burns. I was truly damaged inside and out. I finally broke down in tears hiding my face as realization hit me, there's nothing i could do about anything.

-----------------------------
*Brianna's POV*

I stepped out of the shower feeling refreshed and so did Pud, my cat loved water. It was usually a morning thing for us but i had to relax tonight somehow as i had been avoiding social media since all the drama.

Suddenly Norman the crossed my mind once again but this time, i felt sick in the stomach and my chest was tightening. Something wasn't right. What if he was doing something reckless? I sometimes had an ability to sense something wrong and i was usually right. I quickly dried myself off and slipped into some sweat pants and a singlet top. I entered my bedroom and peeked through my window looking towards norman's room but he was no where in sight. I hoped i was over thinking.
Just as i lifted the covers to get into bed, a sudden smashing sound caused me to jump. I look around wondering what happened then the sound of painful shouting came from Norman's house along with more sounds of breaking objects. I panicked, grabbed my phone and fled through my house and out the door. I ran up Norman's porch and listened for anything or anyone else but i heard nothing. It seemed like he was alone and just had an accident. I turned the door nob and thankfully it was unlocked.

"NORMAN!" i shouted, hoping for a response but there wasn't. I rushed up stairs looking in each room including what i assumed was Norman's room but nothing. Then the bathroom crossed my mind. I swung open the bathroom door.

"Oh my god" I screamed at the sight of Norman lying on the floor on top of broken glass. I rushed over and lifted his head.

"Norman, can you hear me?" I asked. But got no response. His eyes were still and half way open, looking groggy and weak. I looked at his surroundings and gasped as i spotted an open empty bottle of anti-depressants. I realized he attempted suicide which resulted in this so without hesitation, i dragged his limp body under the shower using all of my strength, i turned on the freezing cold water and attempted to stick my fingers down his throat praying i could make him vomit it all out while the water wakes him up. It was gross and uncomfortable but this needed to be done. His body suddenly jolted and he lifted his head to puke. Clear yellow bile left his mouth and onto his shirt, and my fingers.

"Oh thank god..." i sighed to myself in great relief. I watched as Norman breathed fast and heavy, catching his breath and shaking from being completely drenched. I also noticed a fair bit blood washing away with the water meaning the glass he landed on cut him deep somewhere in the back. I turned off the shower and tried to help him get out, he winced in pain and pushed himself out of my grip.

"NO!" He screamed, like he still wanted to be back unconscious, like he was upset to still be alive. He fell to the tiled floor on his hands hand knees.

"Norman, it's okay!" I told him. He slightly turned around and looked at me with disbelief. He got up using whatever strength he still had and glared intensely.

"THE HELL YOU THINK YER DOIN?!"
He roared. "GET OUT!"
I crossed my arms, angering him more with my stubbornness.

"No."

Norman then tensed up and pressed his lips tightly together. I watched as his chest rose up and down with every heavy breath. I wasn't sure what he was gonna do next. He looked angry, scared, distressed, confused and lost all at once so i just stood there waiting for his response.
He turned around and held his hands to the back of his head while wondering around in the bathroom, then out of nowhere he picked up a cologne bottle from the sink and through it hard at the wall.
Real mature..
He then stormed out while i followed behind.
"Norman, stop!" I shouted as we reached the bottom floor.
"We need to talk." he did not answer. Instead, he opened the front door and stood beside it.
"Now, I'm going to kindly tell you to get the fuck outta ma house." He spoke in his calm husky tone.

"Why?" I started. "So you can go back to killing yourself?" I may have sounded harsh but it was the truth. I could not leave while he was still in a bad state of mind.
And if looks could kill...
"You got some nerve, woman." He said getting close to me. I looked right back at him and he saw the worry and concern in my eyes. He let out a deep sigh as he looked down to the wooden floor. The weight on my chest decreased as he finally calmed down.

"Look I-," he croked. I don't know why but i wanted to comfort him with a hug " I Can't-" I cut him off by wrapping my arms around him. He tensed up but eventually hugged me back. I rubbed his back trying to comfort him as he began sobbing into my shoulder.