CHP 8: Jeffery and Andrew

*Brianna's POV*

I woke up to the sound of purring in my ear and the feeling of a sand paper tongue licking my cheek. I opened my eyes to see Pud's cute, fluffy, brindle face looking down at me.
"

Hey Pud." I smiled.
"Meeww.."
"I'm guessing you want num nums?" I asked. She jumped off the bed and strutted down the hallway to where the kitchen was, of course.
"I guess so then..."

A few hours passed by and i was happily sitting on the couch watching Netflix on the huge flat screen. My phone suddenly vibrated loudly against the glass on the coffee table. I picked it up to see Mom's number on the screen.

"Hey mom"

"Heyy how's my little girl?"

"Little? You're talking to someone who's almost 24"

"You still my baby." She said in her soft high pitch voice. She definitely had more Japanese qualities than American for sure.

"Whatever," i responded with. "What have you been up to lately and hows Yarni?"

"You know, just been cooking, cleaning, working and ya, your sister has been fine i just wish her grades would improve. It's her last year of high school!"

"Calm down, least she's good at producing music. She could make good money out of that one day"

"Yeah well she better succeed at something. I don't want any of you two baby girls taking the wrong path."

"After highschool, all i did was work and sell things and that got me a pretty decent life, i didn't even get good enough grades in all my school subjects or go to college. Quit worrying."

My mother sighed and decided to change the topic.
"What what has been happening lately? It has been a few months since we have actually spoken."

"Well let's see," i started. "My cat got fatter, my social life became a mess, Alex was cheating on me while my best friend knew about it and i eventually caught him a few days ago, then i got a new neighbor on that same night who ended up breaking my window the next morning. So yeah, pretty goood." There was silence on the other end. Mum was seemed speechless.

"Did you punch tha fucker?" She suddenly asked.

"If you mean Alex, yes and i think i broke his nose."

"Good girl. I hope that pretty face of his looks like shit, i hope he looks in the mirror ever moring and cries like a little insecure bitch" We both laughed like maniacs. It was great know she had the same mean humor as i. In fact, our whole family were messed up in that way. I guess it was to distract us from the reality of being outcasts.

"Well at least that was one highlight, sweety." She added.

"Nah, i actually have another one."

"Oh?"

"I saved a life last night. Literally" i told her feeling proud.

"That's wonderful! Who was it you saved?"

"The same man who broke my window." I answered, waiting for her response.