un

Alexander Hamilton connected his quill to the crumpled parchment that was laying in front of him again. He was writing a letter to John Laurens, his best friend.

John hasn't been replying to his letters as often as he used to, and Alexander was becoming agitated.

He began to scribble down furiously: I have written you five or six letters since you left Philadelphia and I should have written you more had you made proper return. But like a jealous–

There was a bang as the front door opened, revealing a certain John Laurens.

Alex grinned, seeing his best friend will always lift up his mood. "John, welcome back." Alex stood up and walked over to his friend, swinging an arm around him. "How was Philadelphia?"

John said nothing, but strolled over to Alex's desk, where the parchment and quill were sitting.

"Were you writing me a letter Hammy?" He picked up the parchment and began reading.

A few minutes passed by, and John Laurens finally commented on the letter. "'My friendship and pride.' Alexander! You call our relationship a friendship? I would bet Washington's dirty sock that friends don't suck each others–"

Alex ripped the paper from John's grip. "Ho! Shut it, Laurens, there is no name for such a relationship you and I have. It's absurd, as your father likes to say."

John huffed, crossing his arms. "My father's opinion is not valid."

Alexander shrugged. "Do you want a beer?"

John nodded. "To quote you, A. Hamilton: 'I wish, my Dear Hamilton, it might be in my power, by action rather than words, to convince you that I want beer.'"

Alex chuckled, throwing Laurens a beer. "You memorized that? How many times have you read it?"

John's face turned scarlet red. "Let's just say... if for every time I have read that letter equals a fish, it would fill the whole ocean." He took a swig of his beer. "Speaking of letters, what else were you going to writer? If I had not walked in."

Alex looked over at the piece of parchment, then to John. "That's for you to find out." He winked, licking his lips.

*** *** *** ***

Two hours have passed by since John walked into Alex's apartment. Both men were drunk, working on their fifth bottle.

"Hammyy." John slurred, leaning on Alex's shoulder. "I love youu."

Alex lifted John's chin up, connecting their lips together. He cupped John's cheek, making a mental note on how soft his skin is.

This isnt normal. A small voice in Alex's head said. But it feels so good, The voice argued. It feels so right, it feels so–

John moaned, running his fingers through Alex's hair.

Delightful.

Alex brought John closer, deepening the kiss. He then felt John's grip loosening and his lips no longer responding to Alexander's.

John has fallen asleep.

Alex hoisted John over his shoulders, carrying him to the bedroom and laying him down properly on the bed. He crawled under the covers, breathing in John's scent until he fell asleep.

if anyone actually enjoys this story i post every Monday x