cinq

"I must say," John began, taking a bite of his turkey sandwich. "I never thought that Alexander Hamilton can be romantic enough to take someone out to a picnic."

Alex laughed, grabbing John's hand. "Well, you've been here for only a few days and I haven't seen you since you left Philadelphia. You were also ignoring all my letters, as I did send you at least six–"

"Oh, quit your complaining." John said,  putting his sandwich down and moving closer to Alex. "May I ask a question?"

"Mm." He hummed in reply, closing his eyes.

"Why are we having a picnic at night?"

Alex laughed. "Because this is when you see all the stars, and the stars are all unique and beautiful and scattered all over an infinte space inside the magnificent spiral galaxy. The stars remind me of you."

John looked over at him, who was no longer paying attention to him. "How so?"

Alexander turned on his side, looking straight at John. "Your freckles. They remind me of stars. Thousands of unique, beautiful stars are scattered on your cheeks, and it's all just very adorable. I very much adore your freckles."

A scarlet red settled on John's cheeks, as he avoided Alex's eyes and instead stared at their linked hands. "T-thanks." He stuttered, his face becoming more red.

"I love everything about you." Alex mumbled, his eyes closed once again. "I love your curly hair, the way it curls around your ears when it's down, or the way it settles on your upper back when it's up. I love your hands. Your soft, small hands. I love to hold them, it reminds me of home."

John didn't reply, he just stared at Alex in disbelief.

"John? You haven't said anything for about a minute now, are you okay?" Alex asked, worry laced in his voice.

John moved closer to Alex and connected their lips, cupping his cheek with one hand and running his other hand through Alex's hair.

Alex wrapped his arms around John's neck, pulling them closer.

John pulled away, resting his forehead on Alex's.

"I love you too." John sighed, seeing his breath swirl in the cool night air.

*** *** *** ***
Alexander walked out of the bedroom, the tip of his nose red and a blanket wrapped around him like a cape. His eyes were swollen, and his hair was sticking up everywhere.

Alex made his way over to the couch, where John was sitting, stifling a laugh. Alex glared at him.

"Laugh all you want, but you're not allowed to kiss me because you'll get sick too."

"Fine with me." John shrugged, a smile tugging at his lips.

"Laf and Hercules are coming over today, they said they really missed you."

John sighed, resting his head on his shoulders. "Good. I missed them too."

Alex smiled, bringing John closer and resting his head on John's, then closing his eyes.

"How much time do you think we have left to sleep?" John asked, closing his eyes as well.

Alexander didn't answer, but instead began to snore softly.

"I'll take that as a while." John whispered, bringing the blanket closer and wrapping it around him and Alexander.

*** *** *** ***

i'm sorry for having lafayette speak some words in french as i know almost all the hamilfics do that, but it's a bullet you cant dodge.

"Bonjour, mes amies–" Lafayette paused at the door, seeing John and Alexander curled up together under a blanket.

John jerked awake, seeing his two best friends, Hercules Mulligan and Marquis De Lafayette standing in the door way, staring at them with wide eyes.

He jumped off the couch, the blanket falling on the floor and a sleepy Alex looking up at the three of them, not understanding what was going on.

"Y-you know it's disrespectful to barge into someone's apartment without knocking!" John said, staring at his two friends with wide eyes.

Lafayette murmured something in Hercules's ears, a grin forming on his face. Hercules grumbled and pulled out a few coins out of his pocket, and handed it Lafayette.

"W-what are you doing?" Alex stood up from the couch, now standing by John's side.

"Laf and I bet whether or not you two are sleeping together." Hercules grumbled, glaring at Lafayette. "I thought that it would be that dark-eyed girl– what was her name?"

"Elizabeth." Alexander groaned, throwing the blanket on the floor and making his way to the kitchen.

"Yes, but Elizabeth won't satisfy our dear friend," Lafayette replied, making his way behind John, who was gritting his teeth together. "We all know that only the longueur D'un homme's nez is what will satisfy Alexander."

"Do you want coffee?" Alexander yelled from the kitchen.

"Oui, je vous remercie." Laf fell into the couch, smirking at John.

"Hercules?" Alexander yelled, becoming patient.

"No, I'm fine Alexander."

*** *** ***
i can't seem to write this in their time so this is a modern fic now whoops

The boys sat on the couch together, drinking beer with the music blaring and french cursing.

John couldn't hold himself up as he kept laughing at himself, accidently dropping his cupcake on the ground.

His big grin turned to a frown as he stared at the mushed cupcake, a whimper leaving his lips.

"What's wrong, Johnny? Drops your cupcake there did ya?" Lafayette slurred, leaning on Herc's shoulder as he laughed at him.

John pouted, then smashed his foot angrily on the cupcake. "I wanted to smash it in Alex's face! But the floor took the punishment instead!" He stomped on the cupcake once more before trotting off to the living room, where Alex was hugging his ugly yellow pillow.

"I love youu." Alex hiccuped, then squealed when John walked in. "I love you." He hugged him tightly around the waist, burying his face in the boy's stomach. "You make me feel things."

"Oh yeah?" John giggled, throwing the yellow pillow across the room, then knealed next to him so he was ear level. "I can make you feel more than just butterflies and electricity." He whispered, making the boy shiver.

"Ew!" Lafayette snorted, grabbing Hercules's ass. "Get a room!" He said as he proceeded to grope his boyfriend, making him moan softly.

Alex laughed loudly, throwing his head back and falling backwards as he began to have a coughing fit, sneezing in between.

The boys erupted with laughter as they made their way to the kitchen to grab another beer, leaving their poor friend behind to wail in pain on the hard wood floor.