Think About Today, Worry About Tomorrow

*Annabelle's P.O.V.*

Last night we traveled toward Beruna for couple of hours before setting up camp for the night. After we woke up today, we walked for another couple of hours before we reached our destination. However, it was not like we imagined it would be. The place was crawling with Telmarines! Hundreds and hundreds of men! The six of us were now hiding behind a pile of logs, whilst the men in front of us were cutting down the trees and using them to build a bridge across the river. But that wasn't the only thing they wanted to build. They were also building catapults. We all peeked from behind the pile, and looked around in disbelief. Other than the men that were working, hundreds of soldiers were surrounding the place and marching around in rhythm. My heart ached when I thought about the dryads the girls and I used to dance with during the Golden Age. I was actually thankful for once that they were extinct so that they couldn't feel the pain when these men cut the trees into pieces.
I was actually surprised that we haven't been spotted yet, especially with mine and Susan's bows sticking out of their quivers. Suddenly we heard neighing of horses, and quickly ducked lower behind the pile as many other men rode by our place of hiding. The one on the white horse in the front sat himself regal, and though I didn't have time to study his face, I could feel the dark, terroristic aura radiating off of him all the way here!
"Perhaps this wasn't the best way to go after all." I whispered to Peter, who was on my left. Trumpkin was on my right, and Susan, Lucy and Edmund were on Peter's left. He didn't answer me and just peeked from behind the pile at the men one more time, just like the rest of us. It was then that I saw the man on the white horse in more detail. He had black hair like all the Telmarines, and a black beard that was cut in a sharp triangle. Peter then suddenly looked down at me in horror before turning around and walking back into the woods, still bent low so that he wouldn't be seen. Trumpkin quickly followed, as did Susan and Edmund. Lucy and I stayed for a second longer, looking back at the trees that were being cut up in remorse, before following the rest.

*6 hours later*

"So where do you think you two saw Aslan?" Peter asked Lucy glancing at me in the process. We walked for another countless hours before ending up in the same place we were at yesterday, which annoyed me, and everyone else, to no end.Lucy was now standing in front of us, looking at the place across the gorge where we saw Aslan almost in tears. After Peter's question left his lips, she turned around to look at Peter with a sad glare.
"I wish you all would just stop acting like grownups!" She exclaimed, looking at Peter, Susan and Trumpkin as she said that. "I don't think we saw him, we did see him." She said, and I smiled a little despite my bad mood.
"I am a grownup." Trumpkin muttered, making me and Edmund share a smirk. Lucy then walked over to stand more in front of Edmund and near the edge.
"He was right over-" Her sentence was cut off with a scream as the ground suddenly gave up beneath her causing her to fall down.
"LUCY!!" Susan and I screamed in fright, running towards the edge along with everyone else. Once we did, we all peered at what was below, and sighed in relief as we saw Lucy sitting on the ledge beneath us, completely unharmed. She then looked up at us with a small smile.
"...Here." She finished, and we all cracked a smile. And then I decided to jump down as well, since the ledge was only a five feet lower than the one we were standing on right now. Once I did so, I offered a hand to Lucy, who grabbed it and pulled herself up, before being wrapped up in my arms.
"Don't ever do that again." I muttered to her slowly, and she smiled, looking up at me.
"Sorry." She apologized sheepishly, making me smile. I then looked up at the others.
"Are you coming?"

*1 hour later*

We were finally able to make our way all the way down, and were now in the process of crossing the river. Lucy lead the way, with Trumpkin closely behind her. Susan was behind him, followed by me, Edmund, and then Peter. Susan just stepped on the first rock which was one of many that formed a path across the river, when the rock Lucy stepped on tilted to the side, and she lost her balance. She would have fallen, if it wasn't for Trumpkin who caught her by her arms from behind and helped her regain balance. Lucy looked back at him and gave him a smile, which he acknowledged with a nod before letting her go. I smiled a small smile. Maybe DLF wasn't as grumpy as he seemed to be.
After jumping onto some of the stones, and at the same time holding my dress above my ankles so that I wouldn't trip, the stone I stepped on next tilted causing me to loose my balance just like Lucy has earlier. Thankfully, Edmund was behind me and quickly caught me around the waist before I collided with the water and the ground. I sighed in relief and sent him a grateful smile before making my way further down.

*2 hours and 45 minutes later*

We had set up camp about 30 minutes ago in a clearing we found after we crossed the river, and everyone except for me was asleep. We all circled around the bonfire that Peter built, trying to stay warm, because even though it was summer, the nights were cold. I was in between Susan and Lucy.
"Anna?" I heard a voice whisper. "Are you awake?" It was Susan, so I hummed in response. I was still a little upset that she didn't believe me and Lucy. She was still for a second, before pushing herself up so she was half sitting and half lying down and facing me. "Why didn't I see Aslan?" My brows furrowed in confusion and I also kept still for a second before pushing myself up in the same position she was in.
"So you believe us?" I asked, and she looked down for a moment.
"Well you two got us across the gorge." She stated matter-of-factly, and I looked down for a second.
"I don't know." I replied, deep in thought. "Maybe you didn't really want to see him." I said hesitantly, looking up at her.
"You and Lucy knew we were going to come back here, didn't you?" She asked after a while of silence, and I smiled a small smile.
"I think she did. I just hoped we would. With all my heart." I replied, and she was lost in thought for a moment before lying down on her back.
"And I already got used to the idea of living in England." She said, and I looked at her in confusion.
"But you're happy to be here, aren't you?" I asked, but the tone gave away that I was trying to make sure, which made her sigh.
"While it lasts." She replied, and I sighed. "I also wanted to apologize."
"For what?" I asked, confused since she changed the subject and I was stills thinking about the previous one.
"For not believing you. I know that after what happened the first time I should have, but I guess living in England made me more open to logic than anything else." She apologized, turning her head to look at me.
"It's alright." I smiled, and she returned it, before closing her eyes. I sighed and also lied down, closing my eyes and thinking about what she said. That we may not be in Narnia for as long as we were last time.