39. Out of Time (Washington)

Words: 582

Characters: Washington

Romance: No

Three men stood outside of where you sat, standing attentive and alert while you were quite the opposite. Your torso and anything higher was leaning on the floor while your legs dangled on the seat. The world to you, was upside down and to her, you were upside down. It was just your way of making life slight more interesting but, being here for years and having absolutely nothing to do made you bored, bored, BORED! At least all the other guys have call mates, but here you were, with no-one.

"Hey. HEY. HEY! HEYYYYYY! HEEEEELLOOOOOOOO! HELLLO-"

"PRISONER SHUT IT! Or do I have to come in there and silence you?"

"HA! I'd like to see you try Robert! The best you could do-"

"PRISONER!"

"Robert what is it-"

"NOT YOU! SHUT IT!" Okay, it's not like you wanted to speak or anything. Who needed to finish sentence? Definitely not you. "I wish you luck freelancer."

You kind've glanced up from where you were lying, to see a blonde man getting shoved roughly into your cell.

"OOOOH YES! YES! YES!" The blonde gave you a weird look as Robert patted him on the back.

"Like I said, wish you luck." Robert then walked out of the cell and closed it. Leaving the two of you...alone...ish.

"OH MY GOD FINALLY! UGH YOU DON'T KNOW HOW BORING IT'S BEEN SITTING-LYING IN HERE DOING NOTHING AT ALL!" The blonde still said nothing. "Hey hot stuff, is it possible to die from too much blood to your head?"

There was a slight pause until you received your answer.

"Yes...it's possible."

"OH COOL! I've been trying for weeks and I didn't want my efforts to be in...ugh my head hurts." Despite complaining you made no efforts in getting up. The blonde could see that, so took a seat next to you. "So..." You say while briefly looking in his direction, "what are you in here for?"

"It shouldn't really concern you should it?"

"OH COME ON! YOU CAN TELL ME CELL BUDDY!" He simply sighed deeply at your shouting.

"Fine...I've done things I'm not proud of, so this is my way of paying."

"Oh...cool."

"What about you?"

"Huh?"

"Why are you in here?"

"Oh..."

Blood, screaming and tears. Only the cries of hopeless families and your demented laughter could be heard.

"Guess...oh," you trailed off thinking hard," that's a hard one! GIVE ME ANOTHER QUESTION!"

"What? That's not how questioning works."

"Yes, it is! Ask about my name! Wait no! I ask you, then you ask me!" Again the blondie sighed heavily as if regretting every decision in his life.

"Go on."

"Hello blonde man I have never seen, may I politely inquire what your name is?"

"Washington."

"Just Washington? OH, OH , OH! WAIT! YOU WERE PART OF PROJECT FREELANCER! Yeah, okay, that explains a lot of things." There was a silence as he thought you were bouncing excitedly. "Well?"

"Well what?" His response, for a reason he could no fathom, made you giggle.

"You're supposed to ask me for my name silly!" He didn't say anything which angered you slightly. "WELL, MR. DC! MY name is (Y/N), thank you very much."

"Just (Y/N)?"

"I have a lot of different names, (Y/N) is just my favourite."

"(Y/N), you are quite the enigma."

"Oh, my mum called me that before...or was it stigma? Eh either way it doesn't matter!"

"And why is that?"

"Well, we'll have the rest of our lives to learn every secret about each other!"

"Great...just great."