Introduction

・×・

It was the month of XX, when he returned.

A menacing cackle echoed throughout the city as the sky was filled with enormous clouds of malice. The four stopped in their trails, eyes filled with horror as the perpetrator grew stronger by the minute. Waves of screeching ebony and flashes of desiccating light rose up behind him. There he was, the Nightmare King, riding on his wicked steed.

His golden-silver eyes stared right through each of them like daggers, piercing right through their pride. He stretched his arm to emphasize his enormous creation; His army. The thick mist slowly spread towards each corner, engulfing everything in its path. They all looked around, unsure of what to do. Pitch Black was very much pleased with the sight of the guardians; weak, outsmarted... and outnumbered.

North, with that all he could muster, raised his sword. Unfortunately, His body gave up due to the throbbing sore and exhaustion. The four tried their best to reassure the children. Pitch grinned, mockingly, and with a flick of a finger, he send forth the first wave. Jaimie stepped forward with an outstretched arm, unafraid of the incoming danger.

As soon as they came in contact with his hand, they disappeared as fractions of glitter replaced them. By the window of a nearby house, there stood a little girl. She stared in awe as the events occurred before her cognac eyes. The remains of the night were filled with lively, glowing locks of sand. With the beliefs finally restored, Power and life surged almost instantly into each Hero. With weapons at hand, North summoned a couple of Yetis through his snow globes. The Tooth Fairy soared into the skies, diving right into each and every Nightmare that came across her path. Bunnymund, who returned to his original form, led the humongous stone eggs to battle. Bits and pieces of the Nightmares slowly vanished as the Guardians and the Children worked hand-in-hand to defeat the threat.

As the Sandman was revived, the Guardians, alongside the kids, were able to defeat him and his plan to rule the world in fear. Pitch ran away with a few more nightmares trailing behind him, Although this time they weren't on his side. He was exiled into darkness once more, where he could not resurface so easily; Back to the wooden bed that hid the secret chamber below. He glared at the last sight of light, slowly depleting as the soil slowly burrows its way to cover the hole. The remaining Nightmares slowly gnaw at him, swirling like a hurricane as he screamed; His shrieks echoed in the dark, damp walls.

And that was the last that they saw of Pitch Black.

Or so they thought.

~~~
Squeee! It's been a while since I've ever posted anything. I owe you guys an apology.
It's been pretty crazy in school the past few months. They weren't kidding when they said that College would open you up to different kinds of people and experiences.
I got inspired to write again after reading "TIME TICKING BOMB" by takemetotulsa  (It definitely caught my poor fangirl heart, as a Bunnymund fan. It's pretty good.)
Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy the story!
Smileyface.