Chapter Six

"Wake up!"

"Wake up, big brother. Wake up!!!"

I jolted upwards as the shaking motion continued. My eyelids felt heavier by the second. Before I could resume my peaceful slumber, a pair of small, soft hands made their way on my face, slowly pulling and tugging at each muscle. I let out a yawn and focused directly at the little girl dressed in her pajamas; Her eyes were wide with excitement. A small gap showed between her front teeth as she gasped loudly, her hands were quite busy as she continuously shook my shoulders.

"What is it, Sophie?"

"She's here!!!," She beamed as she pulled him outside, not wasting even a single second. I squinted my eyes for a moment, slowly realizing what she had meant. We almost stumbled across the hallway before reaching her room. Everything was the norm; stuffed animals were scattered across the floor, the bed covers were a mess, and a couple of storybooks lay across the bed sheet. Well... Except for the fact that the tooth fairy was there, with her bright grin and dazzling wings. She gave us a small wave before hovering towards me.

"Hello, Jamie," She greeted.

Her purplish pink orbs were filled with satisfaction and curiosity as she inspected every detail of my face. I nodded and returned the gesture by giving her a little curtsy alongside my little sister, who couldn't seem to take her eyes off of the diamond-winged fairy. By the window behind her, strands of golden sand crept around each house as it slowly filled the night sky. The glass surface slowly opened as a white haired boy made his entrance. He let out an acknowledging glance at the Tooth fairy before sitting on the table. At some point, either of us would catch the guardians doing their duty, whenever they'd pass by our town; Jack, being the one who visits the most.

"Right on cue, huh?" He grinned as he flicked his finger for a snowflake. Without a second thought, Sophie ran towards him and gave a tight hug. I followed afterwards while the young blonde girl was busy showing off her missing tooth. Tooth sighed and placed a hand on her hip, a smirk spread across her face.

"Sophie lost her tooth due to 'accidentally' slamming into a far away lamp post while she was skating," She crossed her arms as she landed on the floor, her kaleidoscopic wings lay behind her."I wonder why, Jack."

Jack merely shrugged and snickered, putting out an innocent look on that porcelain-like face of his. He gave me a wink as he placed a hand on his pocket. The wooden staff traced along the walls, slowly surrounding them with frost and swirls of ice. It crawled almost immediately around the surface and caused a tiny blizzard on top of my head. Sophie and I twirled around, completely mesmerized with the small show of magic. Believe me, I've seen it happen since I was ten but it still has that wonderful feeling to it.

"Kids these days... Always getting themselves into trouble," He joked.

"Right."

I sat by the bed and laughed as Toothiana pretended to roll her eyes in defeat. She sat down on the floor and brushed Sophie's hair aside. Sophie led her to a nearby drawer and pulled out a couple of sparkly crayons that she had saved for the special guest. Tooth listened eagerly as the child explained. Jack shook his head and directly turned his attention to me. "So, are you prepared for the first day of high school tomorrow?" He started.

"Yeah! I'm super excited to meet new people and I can't wait to tell them about you!"

Jack's smile dropped slightly as he scratched the back of his head. Tooth, who had overheard the conversation, grew silent. They both exchanged looks before she took Sophie outside. "It just doesn't work that way, Jaimes," That nickname. He'd usually use that nickname whenever he was serious... And to be vague, he doesn't seem quite as cheerful as he was seconds ago.