Chapter Four

・☂ Gaille ☂・

"You are Guardian!"

His voice roared loudly as two yetis stood behind him with torches on one hand. Trumpets blew loudly with grandeur and the elves began to enter as they march in harmony. Flags of the boldest of red began to unfold while the bearded man joined in the festive spirit. "This is best part!," He chuckled as his eyes were glinted with intense joy.

I felt a thousand flutters swirling within me. Ever since I was young, I've always loved marching bands and anything of sort. I couldn't help but glance around at each and every creature doing their part. Its as if all of these happenings came out from a story book. Though, I can't help but feel a hint of dismay; thinking that this may be one of those dreams again.

Jack crossed his arms and shook his head, a soft chuckle escaped his lips. The others gave their brightest of smiles, well... except one blue rabbit who simply nodded as he leaned on the wall. I wonder why.

As soon as it ended, The room became still as each teen peered at themselves; Uncertainty made its presence through their actions. Even Fritz didn't have the appetite to spit out his iconic one-liners. North was still raising his arms up, expectantly, though our reactions don't seem to bother him. The other yetis peeked from behind a wall, waiting for our response. The tension grew stronger as each second passes. North placed his hands on each side of his hip when Gabric turned around and sat on a nearby wooden stool. He massaged his temple and closed his eyes.

"Man, this is one weird dream," He breathed.

"Oh I tell you. This is not a dream. Right, Sandy?," North turned to the sandman who turns out to be dozing off. His eyebrow had slightly twitched as he shook the golden man, trying to wake him from his peaceful slumber. "WAKE UP!," He shouted loudly. I was taken aback by the change of his tone. Only then, did I start to notice the tattoos on his arms. Santa Claus, I mumbled. Who knew such an enthusiastic, colorful character with those painted rose cheeks and matching red clothing would actually be this fierce, colossal brute with... A russian accent. I must be going nuts!

Sandman, who was now awake, gave us a sheepish grin. He looked really calm and gentle. I smiled back and fidgeted with my fingers. I wonder if he's the reason behind their images in my dreams. He opened his mouth to speak but instead, a few shimmering shapes began forming on top of his head as he tried to explain. They were too fast for us to pick up what he was trying to imply. I turned to Vincent, who seemed to be intrigued by the little man.

"What he's trying to say is, The man in the moon chose you. Each of you," Jack chimed in as he walked around, one hand in his pocket. He lightly tapped his staff on an elf carrying a cup of eggnog. The little fella fell on his tracks, completely frozen. Aww, poor guy. A small gasp escaped from Gabric's direction, apparently shocked as he noticed one of the toys floating above him. The white haired boy stopped in front of us and nodded, "To be a guardian."

So, they're guardians. A question suddenly burrowed into my head. What exactly do they protect? And more importantly, was there some opposing reason as to why there's need of protection? And, from what?

"So you're saying that the moon wanted us to be... guardians?," My self-indulged monologue was interrupted as Fritz took a step forward. Skepticism lingered in his words. Ylthea shifted uncomfortably on her feet. The man in the moon, for some reason that title seemed familiar. It's like déjà vu had slapped me right in the face. Everything seemed to be in place as to what my gut tells me, although, something felt off.