Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Lincoln

One thing I hated the most was school. Let me rephrase that: One thing I hated the most was how the people acted at school. I didn't mind going to class. In fact, I loved almost all my classes, the only I couldn't stand being my math course.

What I hated the most about my school was that most of the people there seemed to care about what was on the outside rather than what was on the inside, and I should know.

It wasn't like I was bragging or anything, but Heath and I were two of the most popular guys in school. Heath was popular for a legitimate reason; being the captain of the soccer team, knowing how to put smiles on everyone's faces, making everyone laugh.

But me?

Every time someone approached me in the hallway, they normally told me how they liked my hair or they liked my outfit. It was always something about how I look. Never about with who I really was.

Only three people in the entire school saw what was on the inside, one more than the others. Kailani, my best friend. We've been best friends growing up since she was living in my house and she always appreciated what was on the inside of me. She even knew that I was smarter than what I led everyone else to believe, including Heath and Wendy.

At least I had the three of them to appreciate who I was and not what I looked like.

"Can I have your fries?" Heath asked me, staring at the food tray sitting in front of me.

"No," I said. "There were plenty of other fries. You could have bought your own."

"But then I would have had to waste money," Heath said with a frown.

Kailani snorted. "This coming from the guy who bought enough jello to fill his swimming pool."

"Hey, you also went swimming in that," Heath said.

"But I'm not the one who bought it," Kailani pointed out.

"You really filled your swimming pool with jello?" Wendy asked.

"Of course I did," Heath said. "My parents weren't happy at first, but then my dad ended up swimming in it as well, so I didn't get grounded. Well, my bank card was taken away for a week, but that's it."

"Was it fun?" Wendy asked.

Kailani smiled. "Oh yeah. Lincoln wouldn't have known because he refused to get into the pool."

"Lame," Wendy said.

"Hey, don't team up against me," I said. "I don't see what's so cool about swimming in jello."

"Hello? A lot of people would dream of swimming in jello," Heaths said. "It was a once in a lifetime opportunity."

"Not really," I said. "Because knowing you, you'll do it again some other time."

"Well, you're not wrong, but still," Heath said. "You need to loosen up and have fun at times."

"I had fun today this morning," I said. "I actually went for a morning swim."

"Yes, while complaining that you didn't see the satisfaction in it," Kailani said. "I'm with Heath on this one. You're boring at times."

"No, I'm not," I said. "I just don't have the same weird interests as you."

"I still want those fries," Heath said.