Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Heath

It was still difficult for me to walk with crutches, but I wanted my ankle to heal as quickly and efficiently as it could without the risk of a further injury. I have been extremely bored and I really wanted to get back to soccer.

I finally made it to the cafeteria table while carrying a tray of food, placing it on the table and sitting across from my favorite couple. Well, second favorite. Right now, there might be another one rising to the top.

"I have a question," I said, making Kailani and Lincoln look at me. "Sendy. Yay or nay?"

Lincoln furrowed his eyebrows, but Kailani smiled. "I say yay."

"What's Sendy?" Lincoln asked.

"Shush," I said since he didn't know what I was talking about. "They spend so much time together and it's so cute."

"I know, right?" Kailani said. "Oh, and get this. They're going to the movies together tomorrow night."

"Aww, so cute," I said.

"He said it's not a date, but they still will be hanging out," she said. "Alone. Just the two of them."

"And I'm guessing you're talking about Simon and Wendy," Lincoln said.

"Yes, we are," I said. "So, yay or nay?"

"Why?" Lincoln asked.

"Because look at them," I said, gesturing to where they were sitting. For the past couple days, the two of them have been sitting at a table all alone and right now, Wendy kept snatching fries from Simon and he tried grabbing it back, but she would pop it into her mouth and smile at him. To make things even cuter, Simon smiled back.

"Yeah, so cute," Lincoln muttered.

I looked back at them and Kailani rolled her eyes. "Don't mind him," she said. "He's actually fine with Simon and Wendy going on a non-date. He's just mad because there we no chocolate bars in the cafeteria."

"It's not fair," Lincoln said. "All I wanted was chocolate."

"You poor baby," Kailani said, curling her lips into a pout. "Just wait until we get home. You have that whole stash of chocolate bars hiding in the cupboard that we all know about."

"But I need chocolate now," Lincoln whined.

Kailani sighed and reached into her backpack, grabbing a chocolate bar out. "I wasn't going to share because you're cute when you pout, but I guess we can share," she said.

Lincoln smiled at his girlfriend before leaning down and giving her a quick kiss.

Okay, I was officially conflicted. I had no idea who was cuter.

School soon ended and there was a practice for the soccer team, so I went to the field to sit in on the practice. I wish I could play and as much as I wanted to sneak in a practice, not doing so would help me get back to playing soccer soon.

I couldn't help but notice how less motivated the team seemed. Some of my teammates seemed distracted, others just seemed bored. Coach was trying to motivate them, but it just wouldn't work, so today's practice was a complete waste. It didn't help that there was a game next Friday and if they were going to act this way, we were going to lose yet another game.

I blame myself. I should have went to the doctor, or at least took it easy. I was probably the reason they lost their motivation because I wasn't there to push them like I did at every game.

I sighed, walking to my house after Coach let us go. My dad was in the kitchen as he made dinner and my mom was sitting at the table, typing away on her laptop. "How was school?" Mom asked me.

"It was the same as always," I said. "Practice sucked. My team seems to be losing their motivation. I just can't wait to get back to playing."

"Make sure you don't try too early," Mom said. "Wait until the doctor gives you the okay."

"Don't worry, I'll wait," I said. "It sucks to wait, but I'm not going to be stupid about this."

Mom glanced up and smiled at me. "Good for you. By the way, your father and I have another business deal we have to do," she said.

I frowned. "Again? You just got back."

"I know," Mom said. "Don't worry, though. This one is in the city right beside here, so we'll still be staying here. We will probably just be returning late at nights or leaving early in the morning."

"Oh, okay," I said. That was better than them staying in a different city for two whole weeks. They were barely going to be home, but at least they would still be here.

______________

Sorry for the long wait and the short chapter. I find it way too hard to write Heath's POVs.

I'm really going to like writing next chapter. ;)