Prologue: And So It Begins

The warm, summer breeze blew past my face, ruffling my hair. I was sitting in a large patch of green grass, a few feet away from a dirt path. The path winded out for a ways into the distance, with a large mountain meeting it at the end. Mount Ebott. That was my destination, and I was determined to get there. But, it wasn't for a good reason. I stood up, and brushed any grass or dirt from my tattered dress. Barefooted, and stepped onto the dirt path and continued on.

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Rocks and small sticks pricked my foot now and then as I walked. Over the time I walked, I've gained blisters and cuts on my heels and bottom of my feet. They ached, but the pain would be gone soon. All of it will. It took a while, but I made it. I was at the foot of Mount Ebott. I scanned the side of it, and spotted rocks that had formed into shapes of stairs. 

Well, that's convenient... I thought. I made my way over to the stairs, and started climbing. This would take a while, but I'm almost at my destination.

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

I reached the top an hour and a half later. Beads of sweat dripped from my forehead and onto my cheeks. At the top of Mount Ebott, there's a flat area with a large whole in the middle. I leaned over, and looked into it. 

"Did ya hear?" a voice echoed in my mind. 

"Those who climb Mount Ebott, are said to disappear!" 

Well, this'll make the job a lot easier... 

I turned around, facing my back to the hole. I closed my eyes, and let my legs give away. My eyes shot open as I began to fall. The last thing I saw was a gleam of sunlight, before I was swallowed by darkness. 

*HAIII! So, I decided to remake this because I was not proud of the last one. So, here we are! This'll be a much better story than the one I recently made. Working on Chapter 2 so, stay tuned! Bai!*