Chapter 7: Blossoming

I shot up, gasping for air, as if I'd have awoken from a bad dream. How am I not dead?  I thought, trying to calm down. I turned my head, only to see Asriel sitting in a chair next to my bed. He had fallen asleep. I slowly crawled out of bed, making sure I was quiet so I wouldn't wake Asriel. I looked around the room. It was Asriel and I's room, it was all the same. Two beds on the opposite sides of the room, both covered with red sheets. A mirror leaning against on bedside table next to my bed. A flowerpot with a golden flower sitting on Asriel's bedside table. As I looked around the room, naming off everything in it in my head, something caught my attention in the mirror. A golden flower had sprouted on my right temple.  

"What the hell?!" I screamed, stumbling backwards. My back hit the wall with a large thud that echoed down the halls. Asriel's head shot up as I hit the wall. He looked at me, wide eyed.

"Chara?" He said, getting up out of his chair, knocking it over. "How'd... How'd you..?"

"I don't know," I replied. "But, look at this." I pointed to the golden flower. Asriel's expression shifted into a confused one. 

"How is that even possible?" 

"Like I said, I don't know!"

"How're you alive?!"

"Asriel, I don't know!"

"What do we do about the flower?!"

"I don't know!"

"Should we tell Mom and Dad about the flower!?"

"I DON'T KNOW!"

I took a deep breath, and sighed. 

"Look, we still need to go through with the plan..." I said, looking down. Asriel nodded in response. 

"Wait," He started. "Can't we just... Enjoy a day or two, before we try the plan again?" As much as I wanted to free the monsters from the Underground, I did want to spend more time with my family before I was gone.

I smiled and nodded.

"Sure, Azzy."