The Fallout

"You should have all fired!" I yelled. "Killed us both!" I couldn't believe they'd let him get away. They knew I'd have died in the line of duty. All of them rounded on me. Porthos walked up to me.
"You shouldn't keep secrets!" He retaliated.
"I wanted peace! We've all seen what war does to the world. It creates refugees! Men like Grimaud! Places like Eparcy!" I sigh in frustration and turn away from them. Can't they see what I'm getting at? Athos walked up.
"There can be no peace as long as Grimaud lives," she said somewhat solemnly.
"No," I replied as he began to undo my chains. "Not for you, my friend." He glared at me but carried on undoing my chains.

An hour later I had recovered my weapons, hat and horse. The four of us were standing by the grass as the group of Spanish soldiers of now understood were part of Grimaud's bargain, were bundled back into the wagon that brought them here. Grimaud was going to get them and kill me if not the others too before using them to bring down the Queen. Thankfully the others stopped him.
"So are we returning to Paris or are we going after Grimaud?" I asked Athos knowing he would do anything to bring the man down. Athos stared into the distance.
"Grimaud's gone. And I'm tired. Let's get back to Paris." Right choice.