Back in Paris

There was a picture circulating. Something that potentially bring down the Queen. "The Spanish Queen's Latest Lover". Louis was annoyed. As was I. Anne was beside herself. I had to go and meet her to calm her down. She paced around as I approached, apprehensively.
"How will my reputation recover?" She demanded of me.
"You are protected, Majesty," I replied.
"You cannot fight an idea, Aramis!" She stated. "I have to speak to the King."
"No," I say. "Allow me to speak to him. I will take this upon myself."
"We both know where that will lead." She was right. He'd have me killed. He'd been reluctant to do it before, but with the mood he was in at the moment there was no telling what he would do.
"Then give him time," I considered.
"He has no time!" She retorted. He was dying. Of course he didn't. "I have to try and put this right. Before it grows into something more." And with that she walked away, not giving me a chance to reply. But in all honesty, I didn't know what else I would have to say.

Later that day I was hauled into Treville's office. I had been expecting it what with everything that had went on. He was livid.
"Do you realise what you have done?" He asked me. No. I was doing what was right.
"My intentions-"
"Your intentions are irrelevant," he cut me off to say. "A soldier should never play at politics, Aramis." But he had been a soldier for many years and he'd only recently turned a politician. So he was simply contradicting himself.
"Isn't that what you're doing?" I ask him daringly, starting to get angry. His face grew rigid and he scoffed.
"Get out," he said calmly. I wasn't done though.
"Listen-" I started but was cut off yet again.
"Out!" He yelled. I knew there was no point trying to argue anymore. I hated feuding with him but I knew it would die down. I walked away from him, angry and annoyed. But I would just have to see what tomorrow brought.