Amazing Place

Important recap: You are Mi Thomason. You found your "power" at age 14. Your mother left you at the hospital and then a peregrine falcon turned into a woman and offered you a place to live.
"You saw me turn from a bird to a human. Is that not proof enough?"

It was enough proof for you. In fact, the offer seemed too good to be true. You rolled with it. Miss Peregrine took you to London where you were to pick up another teenager who would live with you and Miss P.

*Ding Dong*

"Horace! The freak woman you said would pick you up is here!" Shouted a female voice. "Come quick so I can get rid of you!"

Wow. That's a cheerful family...

"Alright alright!" Shouted a boy's voice.

A boy around your age appeared at the door and walked out, suitcase in hand. He had white blonde hair combed over to one side and coated with gel. The strangest thing was that he was wearing a suit.

It was so hot out now. How could he be wearing long sleeves?

The boy extended a hand to Miss P. "Miss Peregrine? Pleasure to meet you. I'm Horace Sumnusson."

Miss P shook his hand and said," Pleasure to meet you too, Horace. I'm sure you'll fit right in with the others at my home. This," Miss P gestured to me. "Is Miss Thomason. She is new too."

I figured I should try to make a good impression. After all, we will be living in the same place. I held out my hand. "Mi Thomason. Nice to meet you."

He shook my hand. "Are you American?"

"Yes."

"Neat! Miss P, may we go?"

"Of course."

We took a boat to Cairnholm. We entered the bog. I accidentally fell into the water. Horace laughed at me and gave me a hand. I ended up pulling both of us into the murky water. Miss P was NOT happy. I, on the other hand thought it was fun. Horace, on the other, other hand, didn't find it very amusing. He grumbled about it the whole way to the house.

My first impression of the house was WWWOOOAAAHHH... So Miss P introduced us to her wards.
(In this story, all the wards are already living here. Mi and Horace are the last to arrive. Victor is still alive. Abe still lives here.)

"This is Emma Bloom," said Miss P.

"Emma Bloom" was a slightly intimidating girl who immediately said,"Are you a wight?"

Horace and I looked at each other, shrugged, the turned back to Emma. "A what?"

Emma smiled. "Alright! You'll learn soon enough." She offered her hand. "Emma Bloom."

"Mi Thomason."
"Horace Sumnusson."

This repeated as the rest of the children introduced themselves.
You ended up sharing a room with Bronwyn.

"This is an amazing place." You thought.