The Present: Part 2.25- KFC

Abe and Emma are off to KFC in present day Carinholm.

"What's KFC?"

"Kentucky fried chicken?"

3rd POV

Abe and Emma looked at the map.

"We're here," said Emma, pointing at the red dot on the map. "And we need to get here,"

"Seems easy enough," said Abe.

They started running across the street. Soon enough, they found a bright sign that said KFC and had a black and white image of a jolly old man with a small beard.

"Is that supposed to be Santa?" Asked Emma

"Is that supposed to be Santa?" Asked Emma. "2016 is messed up..."

Abe just looked at her weirdly. "Um, I'm no expert on Christmas, but I don't think that's supposed to be Santa. I believe it's just the representative, love."

Emma blushed with embarrassment. "Oh, right."

They entered the building and walked up to the counter.

"Hi, may I help you?" Asked a smiling girl behind the register.

"Yes," said Emma. "We're looking for a boy who might be passed through here. Probably wearing overalls, tall and scrawny."

The girl considered. "Was his hair combed to the right?"

"Yes, most likely."

"I think we saw him about half an hour ago," Emma and Abe looked at each other excitedly. "He came in looking very excited and curious. You'd think he's never seen a flatscreen TV before. He was so polite to ask for some chicken, called me "ma'am". Is he your brother?"

Emma said,"Not related, but we consider him family. So yeah he's like our little brother."

"Is your mum around?"

"No, why?"

The cashier's demeanor changed. "Because, after he ate, he didn't have any money to pay us. He fled the restaurant and now the police are tracking him down."

Abe and Emma shared a worried look. "The police?" Asked Abe.

A man walked out from the kitchen. The manager.

"Yes. And I'm terribly sorry, but we're gonna have to keep you here until we find him,"

"What?!" Asked Emma. "This is unfair! He's just a boy! And we didn't do anything wrong!"

Calmly, the manager said, "I understand that, but we need to make sure something is done about this. If he's your little brother, you must hold some responsibility for his actions. Also, that boy is very strong. Took out 2 security guards with one punch each. When the police find him, we are going to have to run some tests. People aren't naturally that strong, you know. Surly, you must be concerned for his health too?"

"Of course, but-"

"I'm sorry. Anything else is out of my control. I'm just doing my job."