The Present: Part 2.75-Party City

Recap: Emma, Abe, Mi, Horace, Enoch, and now Millard are in the present Carinholm and looking for Victor. Emma and Abe went to KFC, but are being held by the police because the found out Victor has super strength. Mi and Horace were joined by Millard to McDonalds and had McNuggets. Enoch is off to In and Out.

3rd POV

"In and Out?" muttered Enoch. "What kind of name is that? Especially for a restaurant. Completely weird. What is wrong with 2016?"

(I don't have anything against In and Out. This is just Enoch's personality.)

As Enoch approached In and Out, he looked to the left of the building and saw a beautiful and detailed drawing of a skull. It was magnificent. So precise, so gory, so bloody, glorious. Enoch was entranced and went to that building instead. The top of the building had bright colorful letters "Party City". Interesting...

Enoch went in and a light bell chime went off as he opened the door. An employee, who was playing on her phone, looked up and gave a big smile. "Hello, there. I like your get up. Celebrating Halloween a bit late, eh?"

"Um..." Enoch was confused, but thought it would be simpler to agree. "Yeah. I was looking at the skull picture outside."

"Ohhh... The skull picture!? Did you like it?"

"Yeah."

"Finally! Somebody who appreciates my artwork! You know, you're the first person to comment about actually liking that. Most people either don't say anything, or tell me it frightens their kids. It's nice for somebody to actually recognize my talent."

Something clicked in the back of Enoch's mind. This girl was like him. Someone who wasn't scared of gory things. She was unappreciated too. With a gift that nobody recognizes.

"I know what you mean. I do a lot of my own... art. And everyone just thinks it's weird or creepy."

"I know right? It's just so rude sometimes,"

"Yeah..."

They stared at each other for a couple seconds. The employee coughed, awkwardly. "So, did you need anything? Or are you just browsing?"

"I was wondering if a boy around my age came in here? He was wearing overalls that belonged to.. I don't know what he said... uh 1940?" Enoch was just making this up to not seem suspicious.

"He didn't come in here. I saw him look at the sign and then go over to In and Out. After that, I saw him run out with a take out container."

"Alright. Thanks!"

Enoch went over to the door. He opened the door and looked back. "Hey! What's your name?"

"Erin! You?"

"Enoch,"

Erin smiled and waved goodbye. Enoch nodded and left the store. He then jogged over to In and Out. He opened the door and-

WOAH.

The place was a wreck. Chairs and tables were flipped on their side. There was a crack in the television and windows were broken. The door to the kitchen had been knocked off its hinges and was lying on the floor. A punch dent was prominent in the wall. Victor had defiantly been here.

"Hello?" said a weak voice behind the counter.

"Yes?" said Enoch.

"Are you the police? Or the doctors? We need some help here."

"Umm..." Enoch thought quickly. "This place is worse than I originally thought. I'm going to get some back up."

"Alright. Please be quick sir. I don't know how much-" The owner of the voice popped out of the counter. A scared teen around 18 maybe. "You're not the police."

"Yes, I am. I was just called in as a last resort,"

"Really?" The teen looked skeptical. "You look a bit young to be a policeman,"

"I get that a lot,"

"I'll bet. Now will you please hurry and get that backup of yours?"

"Sure. I'll be right-"

"Enoch!" Yelled Mi. "What happened? Did you find Victor?"

"Wait," said the teen. "Are you a policeman or not?"

"Of course he isn't," said Horace. "Look at him! He's our cousin,"

"Horace-" said Enoch, glaring daggers.

"FREEZE! Hands up!" Said two policemen coming through the doors.