Look at Mi! It's me!

Recap: Abe is gone. Mi morphed into Millard.

Mi POV

Millard darted out of the living room to the backyard where the others were playing ball. "Guys!" He shouted. "Look at Mi! It's me!"

The other children stopped what they were doing, which ended with Hugh getting hit in the head with the ball. Haha.

Everyone stared at me and slowly walked over. "Is that really what you look like, Millard?" Asked Hugh.

"Yeah! I mean, it should be. She looks kinda like what I remember, except older,"

"That's great!" squealed Olive.

"Yeah!" Added Claire.

Fiona pat Millard on the back. I started doing a bunch of poses.

Millard yelled, "Copy me!"

He jogged, and I jogged around the whole grass field for him. He did a jumping jack. I did 10 for him.

"Hey Mill, I'm getting a bit tired. I'm gonna turn back into myself now," I morphed into myself again and sat down on the grass.

"Aw," groaned Millard in disappointment.

"Relax, I'll do it again for you tomorrow when I get my energy back. Then we can show Miss P and Emma too!"

"Okay!"

Phew! This whole morphing into Millard thing has been really tiring for me. I went up to my room to rest.

Horace POV
(In the living room with Mill)
That was really spectacular! Who knew Mi could morph into an invisible boy! If she could morph into Millard, then could she morph into anything invisible? Say... A hollow?

"Hey Mill," I said. "Do you suppose Mi could morph into anything invisible?"

"What do you mean? Of course! She morphed into me today! This has been one of the best days ever!"

"Could she morph into a hollow, do you think? She touched you and could morph into you and you're invisible! What if she touched a hollow?"

"What do you mean? Of course not! That would never work because of the following reasons. One, the hollow could eat her. And two, I think her peculiarity is limited to humans,"

I looked at Millard (or at least where I think his eyes were). "But hollows used to be humans,"

"..." 😐

"Just think about that," I said.

"I don't know. I don't think we should ponder this idea though," Millard said. "It wouldn't sit well with Miss P. Besides, this is Mi's peculiarity. If we want to talk about this, we should probably include her,"

"Okay," I replied.

Miss P POV
(Dining table)

Everyone is being so quiet at the dinner table. Nobody tried guessing tonight's dish, Millard is actually wearing clothes (it's a miracle), not even Enoch is making any snide comments. What's going on? I looked over to Emma who looked just as confused as I was. She glanced at me and shrugged.

"Children, why is nobody talking? Would anyone care to explain?" I asked.

The children all glanced at Millard then at Mi then back to their food. I always think it's funny when the children glance at each other thinking they're being discreet. I can still see them (except Millard).

"Well if nobody is going to say anything, I'll just ask you some questions," I said. The last time this happened, I was able to get Millard to admit he blamed Hugh for breaking a vase, and I also got Enoch to admit he wanted to join a choir while in London. 

"Eh, no it's ok. I'll talk," said Horace.

Enoch groaned. "Here we go..."

Horace started, "Well, I woke up at 7:15 as usual to watch the garden. It's ever so peaceful when you aren't playing ball and kicking up the topiaries. I was going to bring a book outside, but then decided to stay inside for the morning. I made some tea for myself and brought it into my room and read for a little while before starting on my newest piece of clothing: A NEW BLAZER!!!!!!!"

Everybody facepalmed. Oh, Horace...

"Horace, that's great, but did anything out of the ordinary happen?"

"Uh huh," scoffed Enoch. "Like something unexpected totally happened today. In a loop. Repeating the same day. For years. Yup. Something out of the ordinary happened today,"

"For goodness sake, Enoch. I'm only asking because everyone is so quiet. Usually, you are all so loud and talking or yelling. Something must have happened to make you all so quiet...," I paused. "Horace, do you know why everyone is so quiet?"

"Yes,"

"... Would you care to elaborate,"

"It's not for me to tell,"

Humph. "Is anyone else going to speak up?"

Millard said, "Well, something truly magnificent happened today. Mi and I will show you tomorrow, right Mi?"

Mi nodded, "Yeah, Miss P. You, Emma, and Enoch will have to come see. Everyone else has seen it earlier today."

"I look forward to it," I said. "For now, let us eat. And please children. Make some conversation,"

"Okay," said Mi. "Honestly, it's kinda awkward when nobody's talking,"