The Present: Part 2.50- McDonalds

Mi and Horace are going to McDonalds. (Also, parts 2.25, 2.50, and 2.75 are all happening at the same time)

Mi's POV

"Ok, so... I don't know how to read a map," I said. "You do right?"

"Well, you see-"

"You don't know? How can you not know?! You're constantly reading! And writing! And that Map of Days you read. Every night!"

"That's Millard, you're taking about,"

"Huh? Oh right. Sorry,"

Horace rolled his eyes.

"Alright. Let's just think like Millard for a second. What would I do if I were Millard?"

"Well, I'd look behind you because McDonalds is right there." Said a voice next to Horace.

I screamed," Holy shi...ns. Holy shins."

"Millard?!"

"Yup!" Said Millard. I knew he was smirking. "And I almost made you cuss, Mi! Scared you!"

"Geez Mill, you got to stop doing that," I said.

"Sorry, I'm just embracing my peculiarity like Miss P told me to. Besides, it's your own fault. All your running and whispering woke me up."

"Look Millard-"

I cut off Horace by saying. "It doesn't matter. He's here already. Let's just go find Victor."

We walked to the bright red McDonalds. As we walked in, I was overwhelmed with bright lights and colors and the smell of... Something very good.

"Excuse me?" I asked the cashier. "We're looking for a boy who might've passed through here. Tall, skinny, curious."

The cashier thought for a moment. "Yes. I think he came in here an hour ago. Was he wearing overalls?"

"Yes!"

"Are you his gaurdians?"

"Yeah, he's our brother," said Horace.

"What's a McNugget?" I asked.

"It's a chicken nugget. You know, pieces of chicken that are fried to be extra tasty," said the cashier.

"Mi, stop," said Horace, knowing my obsession with food. They say I'm almost as bad as Victor. "We are here to find Victor, not eat."

"Horace, we are here anyway. Might as well try something," I said. I looked back at the cashier. "I'll take one McNugget,"

"Alrighty. One order of McNuggets coming right up,"

I could hear Millard facepalm.

Soon enough, the food came out and the McNuggets sat in the box, it was practically glowing in my eyes. A chorus of angels sang in my ears.

 A chorus of angels sang in my ears

"Thank you!"

We sat down at a table and I took a bite of the nugget.

"Wow! This is amazing!!!" I said. "Horace, you got to try this!"

Horace raised his eyebrow. "Really Mi? Come on, let's just go. We are wasting time sitting here and eating. You can take the box with you."

"Fine,"

We started for the door.

"Wait!" Yelled the cashier. "You didn't pay yet!!!!!!!"

We looked at each other. "Oh right,"

The cashier walked over to us and gave us a long paper.

"Uh... Excuse me?" Said Horace. "You charged us for a burger too. We didn't order a burger."

"I know. Your brother did. He left without paying, you know. So you can pay for him and yourself, or I'll have to call the police,"

I looked at Horace urgently. "Do we have money?"

"No!"

"Yes! I pickpocketed some people along the way, found some loose change." Said Millard. "I've been sticking them in your pocket, Horace,"

Horace went up to the counter and the money and paid for the food.

"Thank you!" Said the cashier.

We left McDonalds and decided to go to In and Out to find Enoch.