Chapter 3 - Doesn't Even Taste Alive

Cooper’s heart pounded and he felt the blood rush through his veins. He dashed back to his car as the wolf sped after him. The wolf was faster and tackled Cooper to the ground. Cooper screamed and clutched the tan fur and pushed the wolf’s head away from his face. The matted fur was wet with blood and Cooper screamed pushing the wolf away. He felt the fur receding and he looked up to see Tobalt blood dripping down from his mouth.

            “Don’t be afraid Cooper,” Tobalt gasped his muscled naked body pushing against Cooper.

            Cooper pushed Tobalt off him and shook his head. Jumping back into his car he started the ignition and pushed on the ignition. Speeding away he reached out and slammed the door shut not taking his foot off the accelerator.

Cooper’s heart and mind raced and he had never felt more scared or crazy before. He kept trying to rationalize what he saw but couldn’t. Maybe there was a wolf that attacked him and Tobalt saved him but was completely naked. That didn’t explain the blood. Maybe he was drunk, but he never drank and he certainly wasn’t drunk now. It could be that Tobalt was a werewolf, but those didn’t exist.  Cooper slammed on the breaks and hopped out of the car. He sped into the house and shut the door. He peeked outside expecting and afraid to see a giant wolf jumping towards the window.

            “You okay boy?” Ted asked causing Cooper to jump. “Why you look like a ghost.”

            “Where is momma?” Cooper said in-between heavy breaths. He didn’t realize it but his hands started shaking.

            “She’s at the store. What happened?” Ted furrowed his brow and put his hands on his hips.

            “Nothing, I’m just… I’m just getting out of this town right now.” Cooper hurried up the stairs.

            Ted followed Cooper up the staircase and into his room. He watched Cooper pull out his suitcase, still mostly full, and start to load his few clothes from the closet. “Don’t you want to wait to say goodbye to your mom?”

            “No,” Cooper grabbed his suitcase and walked out of the room.

            “Well what car are you going to take to the airport?” Ted followed Cooper.

            Cooper stopped and dropped his suitcase, Ted was right; there was no way to get to the airport, not now. He waited by the steps for his mother to return home.

***

Present Day: Beverly Hills, Los Angeles

            Parker Van Hault held a glass of champagne and sipped it as he eyed one of the waiters hand out hor’devores .  He was wearing tight grey dress pants and an even tighter red Armani shirt. Parker spent a particular amount of time choosing his outfit like he did every day. This was a first time event though. He had never been to a fashion show like this before and he wanted to make people think he was better than just a gofer for his dad’s business. At his left was an equally stylish girl Caitlyn Flynn, her trimmed blond bob and elegant jewelry also screamed fashionista. Caitlyn was Parker’s ticket into the fashion show and he knew it. The third girl with him was Melissa Di Moressi, Caitlyn’s roommate.

            “I love this free champagne shit.” Caitlyn whispered. “See anyone you want to make your pillow buddy tonight?”

            “A few.” Parker smirked and eyed the waiter’s butt as he turned around.