Chapter 8 - This Answer Could Haunt You

            Tobalt started to growl and his eyes turned orange as the door burst open and two more wolves entered the room. Cooper dashed forward and grabbed Will shaking him and receiving no response. “Will!” Cooper shouted checking his friend’s pulse and feeling one. He was just unconscious.

            “If you touch him!” Tobalt growled and the other two werewolves shifted into naked humans. The first, one of the men from the photograph that Cooper took from Jonas’s apartment, and the second, the woman that Will and he met when they first arrived at the hotel.

            “What?” Damian turned into a wolf and jumped back grabbing Cooper’s arm tight enough to hurt but not enough to break the skin.

            The woman and man held Cooper back as Damian pulled the struggling man across the bed and dragging him to the floor. Cooper kicked the wolf but Damian shook his wolf head tearing at the skin. Cooper’s arm started to bleed and Cooper sobbed staring at the sunset through the dirty hotel window.

            Immediately, the room grew quiet and Damian let go transforming back to his human form. A man dressed in blue ceremonial robes entered. He looked to be in his forties with a first jaw line and a long nose. His appearance transcended time and he could have been even older.

            “Bring them to my room.” The man ordered motioning to the two humans. “I want them both alive for tonight’s ceremony.”

            Damian appeared dejected but kept his head down and begrudgingly replied, “Yes wise-one.”

            The others did the same, including Tobalt. The minute the man left the room Tobalt was at Cooper’s side looking at the wound. Damian shoved Tobalt aside and yanked Cooper out of bed. The other two grabbed Will’s body.

            “You’re going to pay.” Tobalt growled at Damian.

            “Doubt it,” Damian replied and pulled Cooper out of the room. Cooper clenched his arm feeling the blood drain out of it. He felt bad for bringing Will into this but finally would have a chance to speak to the Apkallu.

***

Babalyon c. 1750 BC

            A stone kingdom built from the earth seemed to stretch out in a fertile valley. The sky glowed a bright blue and the sun made the earth glow. In a stone palace sat the king Hurammbi, the first great king of Babylonia.

Hurammbi on his throne, on his lap his concubine, a beautiful dark skinned woman dressed in beautiful red clothes with her breasts exposed. Hurammbi had, with the help of Apkallu, brought civilization to this empire. He brought law, taxes, a central government, and much more by taking Apkallu’s advice. Pumping away with a stiff erect shaft inside the woman as the guards stood by averting their gaze. The woman’s eyes were dead but her animalistic grunts mimicked her king’s.

A tall strong muscular man with a sharp defined face wearing blue robes with thick black hair and a large beard entered. He spoke in sumeric language developed before Hurammbi’s time. “Hurammbi, I realize you have decided to stop taking my advice for the defense of this kingdom.” He  walked with his bare feet upon the cold stone.

Hurammbi ignored the man continuing to fuck the young girl. The blue robed man left the throne room and stopped outside. Turning back, he looked at the woman who grabbed Hurammbi’s head and with a quick snap killed him. She turned around to reveal a blue sheep on her head and long shredded teeth in her mouth.