Chapter 5 - You Gonna Kill Me

            “Let me,” Cooper couldn’t finish the sentence because before he knew it he was flying through the air and into a rack of clothing. Jonas was on top of him and started squeezing his neck. Cooper couldn’t breath and his eyes started to get tunnel vision. He wanted Tobalt, he wanted to not die here.  There was a sudden release of pressure from his body and a giant weight was lifted as Cooper was quickly pulled to his feet. His vision came back and he noticed the man from his dreams. The strawberry blond, Romanesque, man gripped Jonas’s throat.

            His face was nonchalant as he punctured Jonas’s throat with his hand causing a slow trickle of blood. Jonas let out a gurgled cough and the man twisted Jonas’s head off. The body went limp and the man dropped both. He eyed it for a minute.

            “Pick it up.” He ordered.

            Cooper dashed to the door but the man beat him to it and pushed Cooper to the ground. His eyes focused in on Cooper and he smirked.

            “Pick it up, please.” He smirked.

            Cooper walked to the back of the store and grabbed a trash bag.  He noticed the back door slightly ajar and then, movie almost too quickly to see, the man appeared and shut the door softly. He turned back and with the same seductive smirk and stared at Cooper.

            Cooper shook the bag giving it more girth and walked out to the main store. The body had a black-ish blood that slowly oozed onto the hardwood floor. Cooper bit his lip and eyed the dead go-go dancer. He couldn’t bear to pick him up and looked away then suddenly felt the bag get heavier. He looked down at a warped Jonas’s head staring back at him from the bag.

            “I can’t do this,” Cooper answered looking up at the man who dropped the head into the garbage bag.

            “We must bury the body, the earth will not take it,” The man said and turned to the body then back to Cooper. “I suppose you’re not strong enough to do so.”

            “I’m not sure,” Cooper answered honestly staring at the body. “I don’t think so.”

            The man ran to the body ripping off piece by piece and dropping it in the bag. When they got to the torso Cooper couldn’t hold it anymore. He looked away and the man grabbed the bag and torso and ran out through the front door in a second.

            Cooper stared at the door shut then ran behind the counter and grabbed a key. Hurrying back to the door he locked it then turned around to see the man standing across from him. He grabbed Cooper’s shoulder and looked deep into his eyes. Breathing deeply, he grabbed Cooper and looked into his eyes. Much like Leshanda he felt this man reaching into his head. Cooper felt his mind start to drift into this man’s and then suddenly a cop siren went by and distracted the man. Cooper broke free and took the key throwing it at the man’s face. The dream man smirked. The man caught it and Cooper ran into the back room slamming the door behind him.

***

            Cooper woke up in his studio apartment. He yawned and eyed his pet cat Boris, a Russian blue cat, that stretched on his bed then turned over to get his stomach rubbed. Cooper ignored his cat for the moment sliding out of bed and walking across the cold wood to the bathroom. He looked at himself in the mirror. Cooper started to brush his teeth then his phone rang in the other room.