Ch. 5 ~ Plans, Hate, and HOGWARTS!

I don't own anything you recognize from HP! :;(

Chapter 5  Plans, hate, and HOGWARTS!  :D

Hogwarts was amazing. After the train ride, where I’d made many friends such as Ron Weasley, Hermione Granger, and Fred and George Weasley, we’d been forced to ride boats up to the castle. Now it was the sorting, where it gets determined what house you’ll be in. 

We were all standing nervously in a line. I’d learned that Gryffindor is for the brave, bold and courageous. Ravenclaw was for the smart and creative. Hufflepuff is for the loyal and nice. Slytherin was for the cunning, selfish, and sneaky. I wanted to be in Gryffindor with my new friends. 

I got called up first. 

.“Black Welds Potter, Mercury!”

Everyone started whispering. I stumbled up to the sorting hat and the professor plopped it on my head. That’s when the hat began talking in my mind. 

Hat: Ah. A descendant of a Potter and a Black, eh?

Me: Uh, I guess so?

Hat: Okay, it’s either Gryffindor or Slytherin. 

Me: I get to pick?!

Hat: Sure. You have enough skills to be both. But take heed and listen to this warning: Slytherin would be good for you because you are cunning and can be sneaky when you want to be. Slytherin, though, would make your new friends hate you, and when you would make friends, it would be with the wrong sort, if you know what I mean. Gryffindor on the other hand would be good for you because you are brave and courageous, not afraid to stand up for yourself or your friends. You would be able to stay with the Weasleys and your cousin, Harry. And when Harry needs help to defeat the Dark Lord, you will be there for him. If you are in Slytherin, you can’t do that. I suggest you choose wisely. 

Me: Gryffindor, definitely!

“GRYFFINDOR!” the hat yelled for the whole school to hear. 

Cheers erupted from the Gryffindor table and Fred and George were yelling, “We got Potter! We got Potter!”

I grinned as I sat in between them. Turns out, I’d been up there for a solid ten minutes while the hat and I were talking. Soon, Harry, Ron, Hermione, and some kids named Dean, Seamus, Lavender and Parvati were sorted into Gryffindor also. 

The feast was delicious, and on the way up to Gryffindor tower, Fred and George insisted on carrying me. 

It was the best night of my life. I sat and talked with Hermione until I fell asleep.

Over the course of the next few weeks, I’d grown closer to Fred, George, and Hermione. I’d help the twins prank during the afternoon, and sit down with them and study with Hermione in the evening. Just now, we all were sitting on the floor in the common room studying when I asked, “Hey Hermione, is Harry avoiding me?”

She seemed to think for a moment. “Hmm. I don’t know. I noticed that he hasn’t been talking to you lately, but we just spend our time talking about Quidditch,” Hermione rolled her eyes. “And then I spend the rest of my time with you guys. I wonder what’s got his wand in a knot.”

“I noticed that something was a bit off on him,” George said. 

I shrugged. “I just want to know if I’ve done something wrong!”

“You couldn’t have,” George said. 

I raised my eyebrows. 

“You’re always with us. You can’t have done something wrong, Fred and I would’ve noticed.”

“Ah.”

All four of us lapsed into a silence. 

“Oh my gosh, guys, look!” I said, jumping up. 

They looked at me like I was crazy, and said, “What?” all at the same time. 

“Listen on this bit for animagi.  

‘To become an animagus, all you have to do is brew a potion and drink it everyday for a week. Afterward, you cast a spell and turn into your inner animal. But to become a Shifting animagus, it requires a more difficult potion, frequent transformations, spells, enchantments, and hard work.’”

They looked at me. 

“So…?” Hermione asked. 

“We could become animagi!” I said. 

“I don’t know, Mere, it could be dangerous,” Fred said. 

I sighed in defeat. “Fine. How about we try when we’re in third year?” I asked Hermione. 

She nodded. 

“You too?”

Fred and George nodded as well. Yay!

A/N: I had nothing else for this chapter.... Next one will be for Mercury's third year. That'll be more interesting. Muahahaahhah. Anywho, the next chapter may be up by tonight! :D

-Jessica. 

P.S. Anyone who is the first to comment, I will dedicate the next chapter to them! So PLEASE comment and let me know if I'm doing good or not! Its my first fan fiction!