Ch. 13 ~ Second Generation Apologies

Chapter 13: Second Generation Apologies. 

Song: Apologize - One Republic

Recap:

Hermione flung herself on me in a hug, her bushy hair obscuring my vision. 

“We woke up, and you were gone! Thank Merlin you’re okay!”

If I was in human form, I would have laughed and reassured Hermione that I was okay. But I wasn’t, so I settled on rolling my eyes good-naturedly. 

Fred and George were next. They picked me up and placed me on my bed, telling me that I was going to be okay. More eye rolls on my part. 

Then Harry came up to me, scratching his neck sheepishly. “I wanted to apologize for before…”

I raised an eyebrow. He wanted to apologize? From 1st year when he ruined our relationship? This’ll be good. 

“I’m sorry that I accused you of corrupting Hermione and that you were jealous… I’m sorry that I sent that note, but I was blackmailed to do the latter. I’m sorry that I was so cold to you for these past three years. I’m sorry, and I need you to help me to defeat Voldemort.” Harry said.

I looked at him. I shifted painfully to my human form. I looked at him again. 

“You know what? I was waiting for you to say that for three years. But now? It’s too late to apologize for that. It took you three years, Harry. I mean, sure, we can go on and forget this never happened. Sure, I can help you defeat Voldemort. But you aren’t forgiven. Why? Because that was completely out of line, accusing me of manipulating Hermione because I was jealous. I don’t need a prophecy of me, or some death wish over my head. I know that your parents died, well we’re kind of in the same situation because one of mine died, and I haven’t known the other one for most of my life. I don’t think I have anything to be jealous of. So why don’t we forget that our fighting for the past three years never happened. Okay?” I ranted. 

“Sure,” he said. 

“Lovely.”

Just after my heartfelt speech, the matron swooped in and said, “What are you doing out of bed?”

“Making sure things are in order,” I said, looking at Harry. 

The matron nodded, knowing of mine and Harry’s feud. Then she ushered me back into bed and gave me various potions. Afterward, I felt brand new. But the matron shushed my protests of her giving me a sleeping draught by shoving the liquid down my open mouth. 

“Goodnight, Mere,” Hermione said, the others following suit. 

I awoke again. Though this time it was in a blinding white place. I haven’t been here before, I thought to myself. A figure emerged through the white mist. It turned out to be a man that resembled my mother. Suddenly, another one identical to it came out of no where. Though this second one had slightly different features. 

“Hello,” the first one said cheerily. 

“No need to be so chirpy,” the second one said to the first, rolling his eyes. 

“Whatever. Anyways. My name is Jason,” said the first man. 

The second one then said, “And I’m James.”

“Are you my mother’s brothers?” I asked. 

“Precisely.”

“Gre-eat. So, why am I here?”