The Aftermath

After the incident, The Joker found himself feeling a bit smitten by the gorgeous psychiatrist. I mean, who could help it? She was lovely. Harleen on the other hand was left puzzled and lightly amused. Eager to learn about the clown, Harleen scheduled another eval almost immediately with The Joker. Quincy had no question, only surprised at Harleen's motivation to help. Only Harleen knew the motives she had in mind for The Joker. 

*Harleen's P.O.V*

  Later that night, I was in my house in constructive thought. I felt the need to help The Joker in more ways than an average psychiatrist would. Of course it sounds wrong but that's the only way I can describe it. He was inviting in every way and polite to me,unlike most men. He was different than what others believed he was. Monster wasn't the first word I would use to describe him. I heard a loud creak,changing my attention to the old creaky house.

I could totally afford a nicer house but I felt vivacious taking this leap and getting a historic place to stay in. Including there was a dog park right across from it. I could not resist to see fur babies play during my off days! The phone began to ring. I heard a faint meow as I walked through the living room to answer the phone. I picked up the phone.
"Hello, Harleen here! Who's ringin'?"
A deep voice sounded "Hi Miss Quinnzz! Don't ask and Don't tell! Its J here, checking on my little lady!"
I gasped "What? How did ya get a phone? Joker??"
He chuckled smoothly "Well, Doll. I said don't ask and don't tell, assuming you won't speak a word of this to anyone else? You don't seem to abide by requests, do ya Missy?"

A faint giggle slipped out of my mouth "Sorry Mister Joker. I won't ask anymore. Anything bothering you tonight?"
"No,sweets. Nothing other than The Penguin's snore. Any who, I wanted to thank you for your kind words during that.... dilemma earlier. I've needed someone like you around here for years." Laughter through the other end of the phone.
I couldn't help but feel flattered. "I am here to help you anytime. You've got my word on that."

He chuckled once again "What if I need your help now,Miss Quinn? Take that as you want."

I began to gasp "W-what? Is someone hurtin' my patient?!"

The phone went silent on the other end,following the disconnected tone. I was disappointed, I wanted to continue conversing with him and make sure he was okay. I sighed loudly as I began to talk to my cat, Dale. "This isn't the first time a man has left me hangin', sheesh. Is there somethin' wrong with me Dale-eo?!" Dale stared without any intent of caring what I had just said. All I have are animals as friends. Nothing to show for the real world.  I can't help but feel embarrassed. With nothing to do, I quickly made plans to keep myself busy. I turned on the t.v and grabbed my coloring book,another hobby I am embarrassed of. I sat there listening to the murder show on t.v,amused by the content. Being a psychiatrist, I needed to know what went on in a killers mind, any tip could give me pointers. The phone rang once more sending me on my feet to answer it,hoping to hear from The Joker again.

I stuttered in excitement "H-Hello?!"
The familiar voice sounded "I almost forgot, Goodnight Harleen. I look forward to our... thing tomorrow." His tone changed near the end of his sentence.
I twirled my hair with my fingers "Nice to hear! See ya then,Mister Joker!"
The line on the other end went blank once more, reminding me that nothing good ever lasts with a guy. I quietly sat down beside my kitty, putting away the coloring book. I'm too exhausted for this. My first day at Arkham was a success,sort of. I smiled graciously as I pet Dale in thought.  Jonathan Crane was an odd man,gentle yet so hateful. I couldn't quite pin him with any nicknames,as I give everyone a nickname in my life. Crane reminds me of a cat. So many thoughts. I slowly drifted off into sleep with Dale by my side. 

*The next morning*
 *Jonathan Crane's P.O.V*

8:30 am and Harleen doesn't have the decency to show up on time. I was beyond disappointed in her, her age truly shows in her work ethic. I grinned in disbelief as I murmured "Young and dumb. Typical youngster. Knows no better. heh." 

Of course  I will have to spot her,and deal with whatever client she planned to see today. Disgusting. For the first 2 weeks Harleen only sees one client per day, she better not slack once this is over. I refuse to take care of her mess. She has the worst of clients.
My phone rang on my desk, I sprinted over and answered "Doctor Crane here,Make an appointment before calling me please. It is far too early for me to accept phone calls."
The dainty voice sounded "Hi Crane,shut up, It's me Harleen! I'm gonna be late today. I have an alarm clock but I never set it! Oops!"
I sighed loudly "What do you expect me to do? Get over here now or The Warden will be disappointed."

She giggled "Whatever gimme a few and I'll be over. Jus' cover for me,will ya?"

Before I could deny her,she hung up on me. Youngsters have no respect. She is over stepping her boundaries around me and I will not tolerate it. My door swung open,Quincy behind it "Good morning Crane! Where's Miss Harleen."

I hesitated "She will be here soon, traffic pile up."

Quincy nodded "Good. Keep an eye on her,she's special in this business. Not many like her around here." as he exited.

Yeah not many like her as in being a failure and missing time. I can't believe I even covered for her. Her irresponsibility is stealing The Warden and my job. I am not okay with this,yet at the same time she is different.
Just not quite like The Warden states.