7: Team

"Star?"

           Sleepily I rolled over and ignored the voice.

            "Star, you are so hot".

            I opened my eyes to see Kyle in his pajamas sitting on my bed. Still grumpy from being woken up so early I threw a pillow at him.

         "Why would you say that we just met?" I asked groggily.

         "To wake you up silly goose.", he told me with a smile as he pulled on my arm.

        Once my eyes adjusted I could see him clearer. He was wearing a black t-shirt and grey nike joggers. His curly hair was flattened and messy. He looked so different from last night at the meeting.

         The meeting. Training and group selection started today. Tears welled in my eyes. I wanted to go home. I didn't want to fight and be a killer.

         "Why are you crying?", he asked smoothly.

          "I-I I don't w-want to fight and I miss my family. I miss my mom. She passed away years ago.", I stuttered as tears ran down my cheeks.

       "I am sorry Star, if it makes you feel any better I lost a parent too. My dad was in a gang and one moment I was shooting hoops with my old man and the next, he was being shot in a drive by." He told me this quietly without sounding very remorseful

       "I am sor—", I attempted before he pulled me into a hug.

       "Come on I woke you up for a reason.", he said grabbing my hand.

       "How did you get in if doors are locked from the outside? "I asked. It was kind of creepy.

          "We share a bathroom with no lock." he winked and with that I got out of bed and put on my nike slides, quickly following him downstairs.

            I followed him downstairs to find the others.

              "Morning princess Aurora", Hudson said with a wink.

                "Ugh what time is it I hate you guys waking me up at 3 am". I complained.

                  "We need to talk before the group selection." Victoria said from the kitchen. She was cooking french toast and eggs.

                  I looked at Elaina, who was half asleep on the couch drinking what looked like green tea. I could tell she didn't like being up either.

                 Victoria brought us all plates and we sat down around the table. Once we were all seated and eating she started talking, "We all need to be on team Cobra! There is no way in hell we are going down without eachother."

              "Can you fight?"Jason asked us as he went and made a pot of coffee.

              He recieved nods around the table, and brought us each a cup to wake up.

            "Victoria, people out there are badder than us." I told her,taking a sip.

            "You can call me Vee,and yes I know but we can still try, in fact we will try and whenever you lose a match you have to cook dinner AND wash the dishes for two nights." She said sternly. She would be a great mom.

      "Uffff V no, all I can cook is ramen and we have none!!", Elaina groaned.

     "Buy some.", Victoria said smugly.

      Elaina rolled her eyes as she took another sip of her coffee.

      "So is it a deal?" Vee asked.

   Everyone agreed to the terms.

            We all highfived and discussed our strategies. By the time we were done and it was time for us to be getting ready for training at 6, I had learned a lot about my roomates.

            Hudson was a flirty guy with lots of leadership skills and didn't really like getting in trouble. He was athletic and definitely interested in food. He was quite humorous but underneath that I wondered what else he had to offer.

        Kyle was  our "Mr. Nice-guy" with a nice voice. His ideas always were intelligent and straight to the point.  He alsomanaged to make us laugh. He was so incredibly sweet and I knew that he hid behind a mask of pain.

        Jason was quiet and intimidating. He came up with combat ideas in an instant and was not in the least bit showing any other aspects of himself.

         Victoria was smart and a leader as well. She wanted to win always, and didn't have time for nonsense. She smiled and cracked a few jokes but she mostly stuck to the point... When she wasn't playing around with Elaina.

     Elaina was my favorite so far. She was loud, funny and practical. She had strong beliefs and still managed to not be overwhelming. Based on what I know about her thus far, I would  love to be close friends.

      I went into the bathroom and quickly showered. I put on our uniform of camo cargo pants and a black t-shirt tucked in with our clunky military boots. I put my curly hair back in a ponytail and waited downstairs for the others to finish getting ready. The cackling of announcements started.

   "Good morning students our group

selection begins in 10 minutes, everyone down to the gym. After the grouping and a break for food you may go to your traditional classes.", Mrs.Leialo told us through the speakers.

   "Hurry up guys!!!", I yelled to my roomates.

   Hudson rushed down the stairs and wrapped his arm around me. "My lady ", he said as he kissed my hand.

    "Hudson stop being a little hoe", Elaina called.

      I heard giggles from the others....except Kyle. Kyle looked pissed.

        "She can be my lady if she wants", Hudson said with a wink. With those words we all headed to the gym.

     A/N:

Hi guys this chapter was really to just prepare for future events. I see that Kyle and Hudson both like Star. Most of you ship Star and Nick
Which change within the next few chapters...

Bye bye bye

-Elyse Jay🐳