8: Like milk and cookies

The gym was huge. Even though it was filled with a lot of students ready to beat the sense out of eachother, it was large enough to not appear chaotic. I scanned the room and to add to my fear, I realized that everyone was so much bigger than me.I was only 5'0 and 111 pounds. Much to my dismay, it was officially too late to run home to my screwed family and to Nick. I couldn't hide any where because it was time to begin.

    A group of three teachers walked to the front of the gym. Two were men, one female. One of the males looked familiar, he wore a mask but I felt as if I recognized his tall figure.

  The male teacher that was unfortunately not wearing a mask, stood foward.
    "Goodmorning maggots, today we get you into your groups. I ain't taking no shit from no one so unless you wanna be running extra and doing
extra sets of pushups for no credit, I would suggest you keep your mouth traps closed." ,he told us with his raspy voice.
  The students automatically hushed and he continued.

        "First we will organize you into 3 groups by last name. A-J is with this young man next to me, whom suprisingly likes to call himself Thrasher." He pointed at the familiar but masked figure.  "K-R with the lovely Ms. Blade", he pointed at the short lady next to him holding a small knife and holding it over her neck in a killing motion. "And finally", he says, "S-Z with me my name is Mr.Augustine, aka Scar".

   Mr.Augustine.

    He looked oddly familiar. Much like my father but I knew that was impossible. Maybe it was his brother, the man my father hates with a passion. The one I met at my mother's funeral. I hid behind her nailed shut casket hoping she would come back. and watching as my family members used this time to party. A "repass" they called it. I saw Scar there with my father and they spoke in angry hushed tones. Finally, after a punch to the face, Scar left forever.

      The students all went to their groups. Kyle was in my group and so were Elaina and Jason. Hudson and Victoria had Blade.

   No one had Scar.

   "Listen up guys!", Thrasher says, " I have a mask because of identity keeping tactics. You unmask me, you die".

   "What, are you Batman or something? Lame", called out a boy with sharp green eyes and spray tanned  skin.

    Thrasher looked up and pulled a blade out of his pocket . He threw it across the room and it skimmed the top of the rude boy's head and attached itself to the wall. Kyle looked at me in disbelief and grabbed my hand then quickly,to my dismay, let it go.
   "Anymore questions?", Thrasher challenged.
    The room was silent.
     "That's what I thought, now we will begin to spar. The person next to you is your sparring partner.", he says, "you will fight until the other is bloody or both are weak, if you win this battle you are automatically put into the next level. If it is a tie you both are put into the next level. Begin".
   I turned to face towards Kyle. He showed sympathy and I could tell he didn't want to hurt me.
   "C'mon now don't be scared of me! Ya worried the great Star Augustine is going to knock your lights out?", I teased
     "As if", he said pushing me.
      I went to punch him and he grabbed my fist punching me hard in the stomach. I kicked him in his kneecap and he fell down, so I jumped on him and attacked. After a few punches to the face he pushed me off of him and picked me up, slamming me to the ground. I was not going easy, I grabbed his leg and pulled him down with me. Kyle looked into my eyes and smiled. He had a black eye because of me. But as I looked at him I felt a sense of love. Something new. I loved Nick yes, but this was different. Kyle was different.
  Thrasher blew the whistle. "TIME!", he called out, walking down the aisles with a clipboard to record our scores.
     "Everyone is dismissed", he said once he collected the last score. "Results will be posted in the lunchroom tomorrow morning".

  I walked out with Kyle, Elaina and Jason. All of us were limping and wincing in pain.
   "Which of you guys won?" Jason asked.
    I looked at Kyle. "I'm pretty certain we tied". I said, "How about you?"
    "You already know what it is, I beat that kid that almost got killed with Thrasher's knife. His name is Ryan Kaleo.", he told us. When he mentioned Ryan I noticed a look of disgust.
    "Oh yeah!  Show him who's boss!Kyle said, giving Jason a fist bump.
    Elaina smiled. "I beat some stuck up rich girl named Ashely Laone. But nevermind that I need food now!!", she whined.
    We walked to the lunchroom to meet with Hudson and Victoria. Kyle grabbed my hand and we walked into the lunchroom together. I loved Kyle but I wasn't his... I felt like I belonged to Nick. Maybe even Hudson...
"Star, you are beautiful like the constellations. Constellations form something bigger than themselves. You and I together form something amazing like the Big Dipper.", Kyle told me, holding my gaze.
     "We are a force like milk and cookies", I told him laughing.
     "Yea like milk and cookies"
_____________________________________

     A/N:

S/O TO @jeanholes for the cover
Also,, anyone wanna make a new cover? Or just fan art? Pm me :)
-elyse_oeuvres