C H A P T E R .9.

S E R E N D I P I T Y - C H A P T E R 9

•••

The flight from Africa had been exhausting.But now I could breath away.

I remember how I used to dislike this beach house once because I had fallen from the roof when I was a kid and spend two weeks in hospital.

Now it was my getaway.My shelter.My friend.

The moon was shining through the surface of the water making it seem like cristal swam into it.

The waves washed on the send and I watched as it reached my toes and pulled back.The sound yet so relaxing that I closed my eyes.

It was late at night so I was the only one around.The dark and the air breeze wrapped around me like a second skin.

At the serenity I found and at the solemn place I felt like I was the only person on earth.

But suddenly a blanket was placed over my shoulders.

"It's cold out here"Neymar said,"It's time to go back in"

"You go on,I'm gonna stay a bit longer"

"Closing in from everyone and pushing people away isn't going to help you by any means Cam"he said and slipped his hands in his pockets.

"I'm not trying to do any of that.I'm just enjoying some tranquility right now"I glanced at him.

His eyes ranked over my face studying me.

I gave him a half smile because of the way he looked at me,I knew he understood.

He extended his hand and reached for me,pulled me in close and hugged me.Since I was holding onto the blanket I just rested my forehead on his shoulder.He smelled so familar.

After a moment he moved backwards a bit but I let go of the blanket and wrapped my arms around his torso,"Don't let go"

He seemed surprised for a moment but quickly recuperated.

"Never"

I felft his lips on my cheek.

Those lips.

Soft and plump.

It was one of those lingering kisses that talked without needing words.

His lips touched and promised that everything was going to be alright.

I was intoxicated by his arms around me,his scent,his gentleness,his lips on my skin.His breath.

I melted into his hug.

I needed him in closer,deeper.Craved in a way I'd never think possible towards him.I squeezed.

His heart suddenly picked up as if he had sensed me,as if he had read my thoughts.

"Cam stop"

"What?"I looked up.

"Doing this.Pulling,holding,smiling at me like that as if I'm what you love the most"

"You've always been"I grew sad again.

"Don't you see?These things only make me love you more.I shouldn't but it's impossible not to.And it's so damn hard to stand here with you like this and not to be able to do anything.It's always been too hard to be so close to you yet so far away...I feel like I am carring mountains on my back"

My chest tightened.I looked down at my feet because I wasn't able to make eye contact at the moment.My tongue was tied.I steped back,his hands releaseing me.