Chapter - 3

"BUT IT REFUSED"

Papyrus opened his mouth to ask when suddenly the heart erupted into blue flames. All the monsters moved back, startled by the sight as the broken SOUL glowed blue, magical flames licking at the air. A small white bone appeared out of nowhere and crashed against the wall, breaking one end into a point. The little bone then dug into one side of Sans' heart and pulled out, tugging behind what looked like a blue thread. Then it dug into the other half, and then poked out, and then the other half. In and out, in and out.

Asgore, Toriel, Undyne, Alphys, Papyrus, and (Y/n) stared, watching the the needle as it worked. When the needle made it to the bottom, it began to tug the thread tighter, bringing Sans' SOUL together. Undyne, frustrated and impatient as she was, reached forward to push the two pieces together. He wrist were slapped away from it from Toriel and Asgore, whom kept their eyes fixed on what was happening before them. Undyne crossed her arms with and agitated huff.

Sans's SOUL put itself back together. And once it did, the dust that was his body swirled into a storm, glowing blue as Sans reformed. Before Undyne could try and poke it again, the glow died down and Sans plopped onto the floor, rubbing his skull.

"Ah. That hurt." He muttered, looking up so quietly that he only heard. His eyes spotted the six standing before him. There was nothing but the sight widening of his sockets that could betray he felt anything but... what Sans normally feels.

"BROTHER? YOU'RE ALIVE!! OH, THE GREAT PAPYRUS IS SO HAPPY!" Papyrus said, reaching timidly towards him. Sans gave his brothers hand a blank look, turned his gaze to Papyrus, then frowned.

"I thought if I was gone, then I wouldn't have to be a burden anymore and you would be happy." Sans said, as his eye glowed red for a second, then blue. His whole body emitted a blue glow, then he disappeared.

"SANSSSSSS!!!" Papyrus howled, magic tears streaming down his eye sockets as he ran to where Sans was last.

Undyne had no patience to hold her words in. "What the hell just happened to Sans's SOUL just now?"

A flash of nervousness was barely seen on Alphys face before Alphys just shrugged. "I-I have no idea what j-just happened."

"Sans DIED" Undyne elaborate. "He turned to dust and everything. He was DEAD."

"Ya. Sans died cause you killed him." Mettaton pointed out as he came in through the door.

"But Sans is alive now." (Y/n)  would've blinked if they weren't so shocked. "Man that's weird."

Undyne grinded her fangs. "WEIRD?! Guys what the hell is he!?"

Toriel looked at Papyrus up and down, stared at him for a moment, before saying, "Apparently a skeleton."

Undyne screeched the stormed upstairs to the skele-bro's bathroom (pretend they have a bathroom), yelling something about eating an entire tub of nice cream before dealing with another pun lover. Mettaton followed Undyne upstairs just to annoy her.

Toriel and Asgore walked to Papyrus, who was still on the floor crying. Alphys timidly approached.

"I-I'm glad S-Sans is just o-okay, (Y/n)." Alphys smiled. (Y/n) smiled. Alphys swallowed and got closer, hugging the human. Quietly she said, "You can tell me you know."

(Y/n) kept thier voice low so no one else heard. Quietly they said "I know. . ."

-Wherever Sans Is-

Sans sat on the edge of a boardwalk (a boardwalk close to a beach that's close to the village), swinging his legs back and forth. He was thinking, which his friends thought that was really rare. He just felt. . . different. He seemed way more happy than usual, like something good just happened. But nothing good did happen, so that wasn't right. Why was he so happy? He continued to think of some kind of answer but none would come to him.

He was brought out of his thoughts as his slipper fell off, the water splashing as it landed. "Welp. . ." He drawed out slowly, looking down at the shoe.

He didn't want to go and grab the shoe. He didn't want to use his magic to get it either. So, he just ast there, staring at the shoe, almost expecting it to run up and out itself on the skeleton's foot.

Sadly, life doesn't work that way. So he sat there, staring at the shoe for almost half an hour before groaning and using his magic to put it on his foot. And that's when his magic faltered, making him teleport to the Underground. He groaned as he dropped into the soaked blue marsh.

Waterfall.

Of course..

Sans didn't know how long he was laying there before he picked himself up, wiping the mud off his skull. But it seemed like a while. . . an hour maybe?

His magic is just so. . so. . . USELESS! It can't even do what he wants! How would he be able to protect himself?! What if he died?! Papyrus would be so-

. . .

"No he wouldn't. . ." Sans laughed quietly.

Sans stood in the waterfall, staring at the Echo Flowers. He got an idea.

Nooooo! Poor Sans! He my fav. Right what you want to do in the comments. Continue in Chapter 4