Capture of SevenSeven

Misaka Mikoto was standing outside the entrance to the Learning Garden. Ben had said on the phone that he would be here soon. When she heard Ben on the phone Mikoto could immediately tell something was wrong. There was something in his voice that had an unnatural determination to it, like he was getting ready to fight his last battle. Mikoto saw Ben's car pull over next to where she was standing. She go into the seat next to Ben and looked at him. Ben looked at her and frowned.

"Hey Mikoto, is there something wrong?"

"It's nothing, how was your day?" Mikoto asked. Maybe she was imagining things.

"Eh, my teacher was a total jerk, but that's nothing unusual." Ben said. "And, well, there is something else. But I'll tell you later."

Okay....maybe Mikoto wasn't imagining things. When Ben had said there was something else his voice shook. But right now didn't look like the right time to press for information. Mikoto decided just to wait till they got back to the dorm. Right now they needed to concentrate on the make up class. Thanks to instructions from Mikoto, Ben was able to drive to the high school in which they were taking the make up class. Miss Komoe was waiting for them outside the school along with several students who were also taking the make up class. Unsurprisingly, Tsuchimikado was one of them. Mikoto knew that this make up class was probably some way for Necessarius and the board of directors to keep an eye on the two of them. Ben parked the car and walked out with Mikoto not far behind. Miss Komoe, was probably one of the strangest looking teachers in Academy City, probably because she looked exactly like a little child. The reality was that Miss Komoe was actually 43 years old. Mikoto had once made the mistake of taking Miss Komoe for a little girl, a moment she preferred not to revisit.

"Alright, is everyone here?" Asked Miss Komoe as she checked her clipboard. "Then please follow me. As it turns out, the building is in the middle of fumigation today, so we're going to have to do this class outside for now."

Ben leaned in close to Mikoto. "Who's the kid? Is she like Miss Komoe's daughter or something?"

"Actually, that is Miss Komoe."

"Say what!?" Ben looked like he thought he was hearing things.

"Shhhhhh.... She doesn't like it when you mention how she looks like....you know."

Miss Komoe seemed to notice the quiet conversation happening between Ben and Mikoto.

"If you two have time to be talking instead of moving, then I guess I can keep you both after class today!" Miss Komoe said with a bright smile.

Tsuchimikado whistled. "Wow, that's quite an honor Sparky and Monster Kid. When she keeps you after, you get to play a game of blind poker where you have to play poker blindfolded. And you can't leave until you have ten winning hands. She must have taken a real liking to you two."

Mikoto tried to hold in the groan that was moving up her throat to her mouth. She looked back at Ben.

"You think she would notice if you went Big Chill and froze her just till tomorrow?"

Ben just chuckled.

---------------------------------------------

That night SevenSeven decided to extend his patrol time by a few hours. Even though his cloaking device would only last for 30 more minutes, he felt it prudent to be absolutely sure that no one decided to make an attempt on their client's life. Especially given the conversation SevenSeven heard that his client had with Ben Tennyson. Albedo should have known better. Though Albedo might have had all of Tennyson's alien forms, but SevenSeven had personally seen that boy's tenacity when it came to protecting the ones he cared about. It was that tenacity that had led to Vilgax's defeat two years ago. Threatening Ben Tennyson's loved ones would be the downfall of Albedo, which would mean no pay for SevenSeven or his brother and sister. A mercenary's primary goal was his fee and reputation. Complete your job and you got money. Use that money to get better equipment and you completed your jobs better. Complete your jobs better and you got a reputation. And if you had a reputation, then you tended to get hired more, which meant more money and greater reputation. However if your reputation was great enough, then one defeat or slip up could greatly damage it. SevenSeven, SixSix, and EightEight were known as the Terror Siblings of the Deadly 12. The reputation they had before Ben Tennyson came around was legendary. Eventually Ben Tennyson had become a legend as well after he defeated Vilgax. So the Terror Siblings eventually made it back to the top of the charts in the underworld for the mere fact that others believed that the only reason the Siblings hadn't defeated the boy was because he himself was a bigger legend. But SevenSeven saw things differently. From his point of view, if Ben Tennyson defeated them here in Academy City while they had their sister EightEight helping as well....it would mean disgrace on their mercenary names. No member of the Deadly 12 allowed the same enemy to defeat them too often. The same went for the electro esper, to let her defeat SevenSeven in one blow again would be an absolute disgrace to his honor as an assassin. So here SevenSeven was performing extra security detail of his own, flying through the skyline of Academy City's night skies, surrounded by the sparkling sky scrapers. SevenSeven activated the infrared scanners on his helmet. So far there was nothing except the masses of people below doing their night time shopping. If Ben Tennyson was going to make a move, then his usual MO would be to do an aerial attack first, then respond with an alien form adept at brute force. So SevenSeven had his scanners set to detect Aerophibians*, Pyronites*, Lepidopterrans*, and other flying aliens Tennyson was known to use. However, because of the large number of humans, SevenSeven had filtered out human DNA in his scanners to avoid confusion. If the boy was going to attack, he would not use his weak human form, unless by some circumstance he wasn't a level 0* esper. This time, SevenSeven was prepared. However, nothing had prepared him for what happened next. Suddenly a giant flaming sword flew straight at SevenSeven from the top of a nearby building. It stabbed straight into SevenSeven's jet pack in a burst of sparks. SevenSeven flew down into the top of the building from where the fire sword had come and crashed right into the concrete roof, leaving a smoking large crater. SevenSeven got up slightly dazed. Who had done that?