The Saint and the Darkness.

Leivinia Birdway strolled through the hallways of Radiowave's most restricted area. The area could only be found if one used an extra powerful form of magic to detect it. Otherwise, every time someone made it close, they would find themselves infuriatingly walking away in an obivious u turn as if their legs were twisted around at some point. Birdway knew that what she sought was here. The thing that could break this rescue mission should it get free. Birdway continued to walk through the dark hallway, searching for the end until she came to heavy iron doors. The words on the door said:

Subject number 27

Impulser

"So their you are." Birdway said with a smile. "To think that you yourself were so focused so much on creating the esper you needed that you created a monster instead. Most likely you were also quite interested in Accelerator*. Very well, it seems like I must clean up your mess."

Birdway raised her wand and the door melted away as if it were being burned by molten heat. Bird way stepped through the door and looked up at her target.

A giant cylindrical spire stood in the middle of the dark room that was lit up from the bottom by red lights that lined the floor. Masses of wires and tubes spread out from the spire and twisted themselves around the form of a thin teenage boy who wore a hospital gown. The boy hung their covered in wires with just the top half of his body poking out of the mass of circuitry. The boy had bright red hair, his face was thin and his eyes had a reddish glow to it even though the pupils were actually a bright shining silver.

This boy was the eight level 5 esper. The monster no one knew about. The monster who went only by the name Impulser.

Impulser looked Birdway with his kill happy eyes. "My, my, I was right, their are intruders in this building. And guessing from the way you got in, you must be a magician right?"

"Hello Impulser, it is wonderful to see you again." Birdway said brightly. "Quite unfortunate our reunion would be under such circumstances."

Impulser narrowed his eyes and looked at Birdway for a moment before laughing psychotically with recognition.

"Leivinia!! It's been a while! I've wanted to try to kill you again for so long that my body is itching with anticipation. You don't suppose we can do that now? I am tired of sitting here all day while Albedo goes on and on about bringing me to my full potential!!"

Birdway gave a light laugh. "Well I can't see what's stopping you from coming at me now. It's not like those wires actually restrain you in any way."

"Oh, stop pretending!!" Impulser spat. "You and I both know that you are afraid of me. Why else would you want to destroy me? All the happy memories?"

Birdway went silent. Impulser's esper abilities allowed him to control vibrations. He could create earthquakes by hitting the ground with his fist, make plasma and heat beams just by vibrating the molecules in the air. He could even destroy any substance he wanted merely by vibrating it fast enough. In fact, if you got down to it, the extent of his powers could even extend to flight and invulnerability if used it in the right manner. But it wasn't Impulser's powers that Birdway feared. It was the darkness that was associated with his creation. Birdway had been there during the horrible events that had created the monster known as Impulser. He was created out of pure evil and spite, and was created for that very purpose as well. It was safe to say that Impulser was incurably much worse then when Accelerator was prisoner to the darkness.

"I am ready." Birdway said raising her wand. "It is time to dispel the darkness that is you for good.

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!! Yes it's finally time!! FINALLY TIME TO PLAY WITH MY FOOD!! "

The wires all disconnected themselves from Impulser who leapt to the ground creating a crater where he landed.

"LETS DO THIS!!" Impulser thrust out his hands and red plasma blasts that were much larger and more destructive then any ordinary alien weapon could create. Birdway ran along the circular room, attempting to out run the powerful plasma beams. Birdway waved her wand and a large wall of flame rolled into Impulser. Impulser laughed however and the flames dissipated around him.

I see, Birdway thought. While you can create vibrations in the surrounding air, you can also stop vibrations, therefore you can stop the vibrations associated with heat and stop flame based attacks. So it looks like I'm going to have to try a different tactic.

"COME ON!!" Impulser cackled. "I WANT TO SEE YOUR BLOOD. RIP, TEAR, DEVOUR!!!!"

Birdway twirled her wand and it instantly changed into a teacup. Birdway summoned a giant disk of water in front of her, which began shooting water knives at Impulser. Impulser dodged the water knives with astounding speed. Using the vibrations in the ground to increase friction and therefore gain unnatural speed. Impulser ran over to the water disk and touched it. The disk immediately turned to ice and stopped shooting water knives.

So he stopped the vibrations in the water molecules all together and was therefore able to freeze it. Birdway immediately realized the danger of this ability. If Impulser so wanted, he could stop vibrations in the air around him and drop the temperature in the room to absolute zero if he so choosed. But Impulser was the type who liked drawn out bloody battles. He wouldn't use such a move so early in what he saw as a game. But if Birdway were to avoid serious damage from Impulser long enough without any real blood shed, he would grow bored and pull the move off. If she was lucky, he would probably just create an earthquake to bring down the building instead and therefore Birdway would have a slighty greater chance of escape. But Birdway wasn't here to escape, she was here to win.

"COME ON LITTLE BIRD!!!" Impulser laughed as Birdway continued to dodge his plasma blasts. "ARE YOU EVEN TRYING TO KILL ME?"

Birdway twirled her teacup which instantly turned into a sword. Birdway swung the sword and a slicing wind was emitted from it. A long deep cut appeared on Impulser's torso. It appeared that by amplifying the strike with magic, even Impulser couldn't use his vibration power to stop the blow completely. Birdway smiled, she had found Impulser's weakness.

Impulser cackled with glee. "NOW THATS WHAT IM TALKING ABOUT!!! NOW SHOW ME WHAT YOU'VE GOT!!! LETS RIP EACH OTHER TO SHREDS AND FEAST ON THE LEFTOVERS!!!!!!"

Birdway continued to swing her sword, and Impulser continued to shoot his powerful plasma beams. And even though Impulser was still obviously holding back, both were aiming to kill.

Suddenly, Impulser stopped in his tracks and looked up, as if he just heard something interesting.

"It seems as if I'm going to have to cut the battle short." Impulser murmured. He looked back at Birdway with a psychotic smile.

"Aw well!! Looks like we'll have to finish this at a later date!! It pains me, but Vilgax seems to think I'm of use to him after all!!"

Birdway, realizing what Impulser was saying, sliced at him with her sword. Impulser suddenly disappeared in a burst of wind and reappeared at the entrance to the room.

He just went supersonic! Birdway hadn't known that Impulser had progressed his powers this much.

Impulser waved his hand in farewell. And in a blur of powerful speed, Impulser was gone from the room, gone to places unknown. Birdway looked at the spot which had held Impulser moments ago. This wasn't over. Birdway looked at the ceiling above her where she knew a battle of a different nature was occurring.

"Oh well, it seems that I am needed elsewhere anyways." And with that, Birdway left to find Ben Tennyson.

*Accelerator is Accademy City's most powerful level 5 espers. Acclelerator has the power to control Vectors. This means that he has as powerful an offense as he does defense. He can do various things such as reverse the flow of blood, cause dust explosion, increase the speed of objects he throws or pushes as well as himself, he can also control the wind to an extent. He can also use his power over vectors to deflect any blow made by forces that follow vectors.