Albedo Makes the First Move

Mikoto walked down the street hand in hand with Kamijou Touma. The sun was setting slowly over the dark blue sky that was tinged with orange. It was a perfect day, if it wasn't the calm before the storm. Both Mikoto and Touma knew the storm that was coming, the battle that would soon take place in the Radiowave building, earlier that day Tsuchimikado held a meeting in Ben's dorm to discuss their plan of attack against Albedo. Mikoto was surprised to find Touma there since his involvement in the incident so far had been very minimal. Even Index was there.

"We have to assume that Albedo is receiving assistance from the Magic side." Tsuchimikado said. "So we will definitely need some counter against the supernatural. Touma's power is pretty good against that. Plus The 103,000 grimoires that Index has inside her head will be quite useful."

So then they had begun their strategy meeting. It was decided that they would attack the day after tomorrow at midnight. Midnight was to ensure minimal interference from unrelated sides such as Antiskill and Judgement. And to ensure Tsuchimikado was able to hack in to Radiowave's stock records to ensure the sudden disappearance of Radiowave's CEO had a logical explanation to the rest of the public.

"We have to be sure we are the ones to make the first move, especially giving the reasons why Albedo wants Mikoto in the first place." Tsuchimikado had said.

Tsuchimikado had then launched into a lengthy explanation that referred to the reasons for Albedo wanting Mikoto. It was shocking to discover that Mikoto was supposed to be used for some occult/scientific machine that could supposedly kill her. Throughout the explanation, Ben had clenched his fist tightly as if what he was hearing made him feel sick. Mikoto couldn't blame him. Ben wasn't the type to here about people being hurt for another's benefit and sit quietly with self control. And Ben wasn't the only one clenching his fist, Touma was also flexing his fist like he wanted to choke Albedo himself. Mikoto shook herself back into the present. Now was not the time to think about this. She had a whole 24 hours before she would have to worry about this thing.

"You okay?" Touma asked apprehensively as he walked next to Mikoto. "I didn't make you angry did I?"

Mikoto noticed that she had sparks flying out of her bangs like she usually did when she was either stressed or angry.

"Sorry about that." Mikoto tried to stop the sparks flying out and managed to succeed. However, still was still the hint of static around her head area. " I guess I'm just nervous about what we are going to do."

Touma nodded. "Me too, I'm pretty good against espers and magicians. But I don't know what I'll be able to do against aliens."

Mikoto agreed. She remembered what Ben had said about his aliens during what seemed like a lifetime ago. Unless you counted a few exceptions, Ben's alien abilities all relied on the transformations natural traits developed over years of evolution, rather then supernatural phenomenon such as esper powers and magic. In fact, according to Tsuchimikado, humans and galvans were the only races to have ever developed espers before. And in the case of galvans, only 3 espers had ever been created.

"We'll figure out something." Mikoto said. She noticed her face was growing hotter.

Oh no, don't start going red now you dope, Mikoto screamed in her head. Luckily, Touma was extremely oblivious when it came to girls, so when he saw Mikoto going red it went more like:

"Mikoto you're going red, don't tell me you're getting a fever. Mikoto! Do you need a pack of ice or something? Mikoto!?"

Mikoto opened her mouth to respond to Touma's concerns, but she didn't have time. Because at that moment Touma shouted "Mikoto look out!!!"

Touma threw Mikoto aside and thrust his right hand out. A black energy beam that was meant to hit Mikoto hit Touma's hand and dissipated the moment it connected. Mikoto looked back to see an old bearded man with blank look holding out a blood tipped staff like Phyrexis's. The energy must have been magic because Touma's Imagine Breaker ability was able negate it.

"Mikoto run!!" Touma yelled.

Mikoto looked at Touma irritably. "Me? Run? I thought you knew better then that!" Mikoto's bangs flashed and a lighting spear shot out at the sorcerer, sending him flying several meters in a smoking heap.

But the man got up almost as if nothing was wrong.

"Your kidding me! That should have put him in a coma for several days at least." Mikoto shouted while her body began to charge up with more power.

"Uhhh... Mikoto? You might want to take a closer look at this guy."

"Eh?" Mikoto took a closer look at the sorcerer and nearly threw up

Part of the mans coat and hood had been blown away to reveal that half his body was gone and caked with dried blood. What was in place of the blown away parts were a bunch of metal cords and armor which was twisted into the likeness of a human arm and leg. Part of the mans face was replaced with a partial metal skull with a glowing red eye (terminator style, only much more gross). But that wasn't the most horrifying part. The terrifying thing was that the human part of the man was blank and unfeeling, the one human eye rolled back unseeing. The flesh and blood that had been used to make the occult cyborg was already dead.

"Looks like we know what Albedo did with the Fist of Cthulhu." Touma said with a shiver.

The cyborg thrust out its metalic hand, and from it shot out a dozen metal spear pointed cables. Touma dodged them by the skin of his teeth while Mikoto shot out several more lightning spears at the cyborg. The cyborg staggered back from the blasts but continued to stand. The cyborg once more whipped its metalic cords at Touma. Mikoto concentrated and controlled the magnetism created by her electric powers in order to drag the cords away from Touma. The cyborg, noticing the change in magnetic energy, raised its staff and shot another blast of dark magic at Mikoto. However, thanks to Mikoto's magnetic powers, Touma was able to escape the metal cables and run in front of Mikoto. Touma thrust his right hand out, and once more deflected the magic energy with Imagine Breaker.

"Damn! What's this thing made of? I can't magnetize it good for some reason!" Mikoto shouted as she shot several more lightning spears at the cyborg.

"It doesn't seem to run on electricity." Touma said. "Otherwise you should have short circuited that thing by now. If it runs on magic, I might be able to stop it by touching it with Imagine Breaker."

"Easier said then done! That thing isn't letting us get close!"

"Then just make sure it doesn't hit me!" Touma shouted as he started running at the cyborg. That darn Touma, always so reckless!

"Darn it Kamijou!!" Mikoto shouted as she once more barely stopped the metal cords from hitting Touma.

Mikoto could tell that this robot had been designed to hunt her and Touma. The thing was making sure to hit Mikoto with all the magic attacks while it assaulted Touma with all the moves that Imagine Breaker wouldn't be able to stop.

So you decided to take a chance Albedo? Well two can play at that game!

Mikoto summoned all the electric energy she could muster and sent a huge lighting bolt straight at the cyborg's head. The cyborg staggered back and stopped all it's attacks for a moment. Touma roared and ran at the cyborg with right hand thrust out ready to negate the entire robot. Kamijou's hand was only three inches away from the occult/scientific monstrosity.

Suddenly a hatch opened up in the fleshy forehead of the cyborg and a blast of green smoke went into Touma's face. Touma collapsed coughing.

Mikoto ran at Touma. "Touma no!!!!!"

Suddenly a dark energy blast came out of the cyborg's staff and hit Mikoto in the chest. After that, everything went black.