♣Five♣

Grace's POV

9 : 23 AM

Monday January 11th

I slipped on my dark brown leather boots and stood up. I glanced at Foster who was currently laying on the dark couch in the living room. I smiled lightly and walked out. I stepped quietly in the elevator and tapped the now glowing 0 button . I slipped my warm hands into my pockets feeling  my cold keychain. As the elevator finally opened I walked outside.

I pushed open the doors and got goosebumps as the cold air hit my exposed skin. I slightly tugged my beige coat. And started to walk through the city. After about 20 minutes of walking on the slippery cold streets, I finally arrived at my destination. " Hi Rose" I said as soon as I walked in the familiar bakery. " Hello Grace how are you today" I heard Rose's voice yell from the kitchen. She rubbed the flour off her hands and walked towards me. " The usual?" She asked and I shook my head. " Um... I was wondering if I could maybe, work here  with you and wi-with Jeannette if.. If that's okay, with you, I mean. " I said and fiddled my fingers.

" Grace! Why are you even asking?. " She said and wrapped her arms around me and squeezed me. I let out the breath I didn't realise was holding. " Do you mind being the cashier the most of the time? " She asked and I replied with no. " Well that's great then! I'll see you on.. From Wednesday to Sunday. Are you okay with this schedule hun?"

I nodded and hugged her " Thanks Rose. " I mumbled and let her scent fill my nostrils. "Anything for you Grace"  She replied and kissed the top of my head. " No Rose I really mean it, Thanks." I said and she grabbed my hands. She smiled and then hugged me one last time. " I'll see you in two days " She said and started to walk away " Bye Rose" I said before stepping out of the bakery.

I shivered as I felt the cold air hit my face for the second time this morning. I turned my heel and started to head home. I sighed as I saw the same expression on everyone's face. Stress and tiredness, and for the same reason. Family and Work. I pushed my way through the busy streets and bumped into a few people. My eyes wandered to one particular person. He was pale, very pale. His hair was dark blue his eyes, oh his eyes. I could see those fanfiction green eyes miles away. He looked like he was sculpted by an Angel in fact he looked just like an angel. What really bothered me was his face expression. It wasn't like the others. His face was plastered with fear and panic. He brought up his arm checking his phone almost every 5 seconds.

As he was getting closer and closer my breath got stuck in my throat. His large shoulder bumped into mine. Making my whole body jerk. He mumbled a sorry with a low and dark voice then walked away in a fast pace like he did before. I realised that I was standing in the cold, wet and busy streets thinking about a stranger with blue hair. I suddenly started to run towards home. I don't know why or how but I couldn't stop running. My feet left heavy marks on the snow as I took the short way home which means by the park.

When I finally opened the front door. Foster started to scratch my black jeans." Hey Foster " I said and picked him up after kicking off my shoes and taking off my coat. I walked to my room and grabbed my phone. I unlocked it while letting Foster scratch and bite my other hand, which for  him is playing. I went on suicide chat and noticed a lot of notifications.

Mikeywantsanotherslice : Hey Gracie what's up? :)

Mikeywantsanotherslice : Why aren't you responding?

Mikeywantsanotherslice : Helloooo?

Mikeywantsanotherslice : Grace are you okay?