♣nine♣

Grace's POV

12 : 07 PM

Thursday January 13th  

It was lunch now and I was enjoying the noise of the passing cars outside, Jeanette sat down next to me and placed some junk food on my lap making me look at her. ''I know you don't have you lunch with you,'' She said and took a sip of her warm drink that was in her hand. ''Here's your tea by the way'' She said and handed me the other cup she had in her hand. ''Thanks J'' I whispered and took a sip, I let the warm liquide slid down my throat instantly warming me inside. '' Vervain tea'' I said and glanced at her making her smile. ''Hails always told me that you loved vervain and mint tea'' She said and looked at me then she apologized realizing what she just said '' I totally forgot, I me- I'm sorry.'' She said quickly and then sipped her cup burning her tongue'' Fucking hell'' She said and brought down the cup '' It's okay J, '' I said, lying through my teeth. I am not okay, I don't feel good, hell I don't even think that this whole situation is okay. My grip on the cup tightened as the memories came flying back through my mind, the car spinning, my grip on the wheel, The crash. My eyes travelled around the cafe and then they landed on Jeanettes  ''Are you okay'' She asked and I nodded '' I'm fine'' I replied as always, lied as always.  ''We have about.. 2 hours to kill, wanna go to the mall ? '' She asked and I nodded '' I'll just finish the cookies and we can go'' I said and took the first cookie out of the brown bag and took a bite. 

''These are very good'' I said after the silence and she nodded '' I know right?'' and grabbed her 3rd cookie then shoved it in her mouth ''Should we go?'' She asked after she let the cookie bury itself in her stomach and I nodded. We stood up and left a note to Rose telling her that we are out until the breaks over then we walked out and embraced the cold with open arms '' Oh it's pretty cold'' She said and chuckled. '' Let's take my car'' She said and my eyes widened. ''Since when do you have a car? '' I asked  and she smiled shyly '' James got if for our anniversary'' She said and blushed, probably at the memory and we entered the audi rs6. ''It's very warm inside,'' I blurted out the fact that was obvious making her let out a laugh as my cheeks started to warm up. ''Let's GO!'' She yelled and started the car and drove away faster than the speed limit. My heart was beating 2 times faster than the normal pace, I closed and opened my eyes, trying to calm myself down as I gripped on my thighs harder than I thought I was, my breathing was becoming heavier by the second letting some noises out ''  Are you okay?'' Jeanette asked noticing my state and slowed down her car. I couldn't let anything out so I just shook my head no. She swerved violently in a alley and got out of the car. I opened the door weakly and fell on my knees as soon as I tried to stand up,  my hands were on the cold white snow and tears were forming my eyes, making my vison blurry.

I looked at my older sister sitting in the backseat with her elbows on the seats of my seat who is currently the drivers seat and my father seat who is in the passenger seat. ''Hailey put on your seatbelt'' I said noticing how dangerous her position was '' I'm fine, dad's fine and you're driving just fine. Just.. Keep your eyes on the road and we'll be fine. '' She said and put her tanned hands on my head guiding it in front of me'' Get your crusty fingers away from my face'' I said and dad laughed. '' I think it's starting to rain'' Dad mumbled and I glanced at him '' But don't worry just drive like I taught you to.'' He said reassuring me and I smiled at him and continued to drive home. '' I think you are driving a little bit to slow'' Hailey said while smirking. ''No I'm not.'' I mumbled and then saw a sign saying 40 and I checked realized that I was driving at 20. ''Okay maybe a little'' I said and looked back at her making a funny face. Making all of us laugh ''That face was so ugly'' Hailey said while she clutched her stomach as she was laughing ''You really thought that you were pretty?'' I said with an innocent smile and dad gasped in surprise ''Shots fired'' He said and high fived me. ''Oh shush both of you'' She said and rolled her eyes, '' I'm sorry Hails'' I said and she accepted the apology. ''I'm very excited to see mam,  it's been like 3 months since the last time we saw her.'' I said excitedly as my grip on the steering wheel tightened. ''3 months , 2 weeks and 2 days. '' Dad said with a proud smile. My parents relationship is just overcute,  they are super cuddly which I don't mind and they even write eachother love letters every day, seeing them apart is very seldom. I noticed the redlight ahead of me and decided to drive past it since there was no one in sight. I turned to the right and that's when a large truck crashed into the back of the car sending my head against the steering, knocking me out.

I gasped loudly as a wet substance was rolling down my cheeks '' Are you okay?'' a familiar voice asked as I laid down on my back staring at the sky who was filled with grey clouds. ''Grace!'' The same voice asked and I noticed that it was Jeanette. '' Yeah?'' I asked after a long silence ''Let's Walk back '' insisting on the 'walk' and helped me up. Jeanette locked her car and send a message to James, teling him to pick up the car as we walked back to the bakery. When we arrived I heard Rose talking to someone. ''Oh there they are,'' She said as she walked towards us. ''Hey Rose'' Jeanette said and that's when someone I didn't expect to see walked out of the kitchen area ''What's up Michael'' Jeanette said and he responded with a hello ''Michael honey, this is Grace Parker, Grace, this Is Michael Clifford, my grand son.''

---------- 

This is a filler, it's not edited,  I know and I havent posted since last month. I'm sorry? I have school and I have also been super busy with projects. I'm also starting two new stories, but it will take a while before I decide to post them. Anyways I hope you liked this chapter, don't forget to vote because it will mean a lot to me :)