Irrational Treasure

Stan and Ford were sitting in the back seat of Mabel's car. Mabel was driving while the twins talked in the back seat. They didn't know where they were going or what they were doing. Mabel hadn't told them. But she had dressed them and herself in old-timey clothes.

"Ok guys, that's as far as we go in the car," Mabel said, stopping the car a while from the town. "We gotta walk now."

"Why do we have to walk?" Stan asked, stepping out of the car.

"You'll see in a bit, come on," Mabel led them to town. When they got there, they saw that the entire town was old-fashioned.

"Wow, look at the town," Ford said in amazement. He held up a postcard with the present-day town and compared it to the transformed town they were seeing now.

"Ah, Pioneer Day," Mabel smiled. "Every year the town people dress up to celebrate the day Gravity Falls was founded.

"Welcome to 1863!" Thompson Determined said, holding out a newspaper.

"Thank you!" Mabel smiled and took the paper, flipping Thompson an old-fashioned coin. The twins looked at the town. There were stations with various activities, one of which caught their graunty's eye. "Well boys, if you need me, I'll be candle-dipping. Have fun! And remember, you gotta talk like these guys!"

"There's a carpetbagger in the turnip cellar!" Ford said.

"Well hornswabber my haversack!" Stan laughed. They ran off, looking at the other activities. They saw Fiddleford at the gold-panning station. There was also an old-timey wedding.

"I now pronounce you man and wife," A priest said to a man holding a woodpecker. The bird tapped at the man's hand.

"Say wha?" Stan tilted his head.

"Oh yeah, I read about this," Ford said, taking out his journal. "Apparently in Gravity Falls it used to be legal to marry woodpeckers."

"Oh, it's still legal," the man said. He walked over with his new woodpecker wife on his shoulder. "Very legal."

The man walked away and the twins walked around some more. They saw Bella, who was taking pictures of her Beanie Boos with her phone.

"Hey, Bella!" Stan called out, and the twins walked over to her. She was wearing her normal clothes, but she also had two Cool Ranch Doritos hanging from her ears.

"Oh, hey guys," Bella smiled. "Check this out! Isn't it the coolest?"

"Yeah, it is," Ford agreed. "I didn't think you'd be the kind of person to celebrate."

"Are you kidding? I love old stuff!" Bella laughed. "Except for the 'no technology' thing. But that's not gonna keep me away from my phone!"

"Come one, come all, to the opening ceremonies!" An announcer yelled from a stage. Bella and the twins ran over, standing in the front of the crowd.

"Here-ye, here-ye!" Sheriff Holt said. "Ye olde commencement ceremony is about to begin!"

"I have a bell!" Deputy Roy laughed, ringing a hand bell. Sheriff Holt laughed and the two stepped off stage. Preston Northwest took their place, his mom sitting behind him. He tapped the microphone.

"Howdy everyone!" Preston smiled. "You all know me. Preston Northwest, great-great-grandson of town founder, Nathaniel Northwest. I'm also very rich." The crowd applauded and cheered. "Now, if you've got the pioneer spirit, we ask you to come on up and introduce yourself."

"Ooh, audience participation!" Bella said.

"Bella, isn't that guy like, your arch-enemy?" Ford asked.

Relativity Falls- Season One जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें